Our new shining light Durban International Airport - being run by the same idiots as the old airport.

2 weeks ago we went to the airport to collect family arriving for a visit.

side-note :-
My opinion of the new airport ? Disappointing. Apart from more floor space, not much seems different to the old one, except the lack of a viewing deck. Try explaining to a 4 year old, who had to sit in the car for an hour long trip, that we are at the airport but you can't see the planes !

While waiting, having a 4 year old in tow, we got dragged off to the small amusement area at the end closest the parkade. I did the usual purchase of enough tokens to feed the rides sufficient to satisfy the poor bored child.

It only took a few seconds to notice the plug strip on the floor.

I couldn't miss it - it was slap bang in the middle of the floor, on the floor.

It looked like a strip of rectangular plastic extrusion ( we used to call it eco-tubing for LAN cables, this was just bigger ) with at least 3 plug sockets mounted in it, into which the surrounding machines were plugged into.

But what horrified me, was the fact that it was clearly and noticable damaged, change that to broken, and I could just flip the whole first socket over with my foot, without any effort whatsoever, exposing the wires and connectors at the back.

So off we went, and I spotted an orange vested employee, who on enquiry was the senior fire officer. Great, I thought.
Do you know the Safety Officer ?
Sure, what's up ?
Explained the situation, he got on the radio and thanked me, and went on his merry way.

So today I go back to the airport as it's time for the family to depart.

Guess what ...... ?

yep. Am just waiting for a news article about some poor child who got injured at the airport.