Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pastel Forms Design help, please

Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel Forms Design help, please

Hello - Can anybody help with Word Wrap in Pastel Partner Forms Design, please?

My Company name is fairly long and right justified. At the text box border the name stops and I cannot get it to continue onto the next line.

Grateful for your help.

Kerry

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just how many characters long is the company name?

I'm not familiar with the Pastel Forms Designer (I'm a Quickbooks user myself), but perhaps this might help anyway. They're the sort of thing you'd try with Quickbooks (which can also pose a similar challenge in terms of displaying long company names).
    • Change the font size to something a bit smaller. (You can also try changing the font type - some take up more space than others).
    • Resize the text box the company name is displayed in.
    • Add a custom field and use that for part of the company name.

Hopefully something out of that helps, at least until a Pastel user comes along with some suggestions.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks Dave but I specifically need the company name to be the size it is and to be wrapped onto a second line. In Excel, for eg, you select the cell and Alignment - wrap text. Surely Pastel has something like that? It's well hidden if there is!

Thanks
    Firstly which version of formdesign are you using Formsdesigner.exe or FormsDesignerV11.exe. I would definately recommend you use Formsdesigner.exe (find it windows explorer under Pastel directory). Open the form eg. csdocsp.eng . You can then go to insert..text. You will have to split your company name into two different text messages (as Pastel formdesign does not wrap text). Once this is done drag text to the desired location.Once this is done, right click on text and select individual font and choose the font you want. Do this for both text messages. Save form. Minimise formdesign .Test print if it is not alligned maximise formdesign move and save etc. It might take a little time but I you will definately get it right!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Greg, thanks for your reply. I don't use the .exe, I open the form through Utilities - Forms Designer. The fonts and designing is fine, it's just that word wrap which I have been hunting for! As the Blue writing is Database text, it sucks the text in from the Database as a complete name. Splitting it is not possible. You can't only grab half of the company name. I need my company name to wrap onto 2 lines and can't figure out how to do this!

Thanks
    Sorry there is definately no word wrap in Pastel Formdesign, but there are definately ways around it.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Cool! Thanks Greg. I'll stop looking now and start working on the ways around it!

Thanks everybody!

Thanks
    I would suggest you do a complete setup in Word and import this as a "picture" into the name and address field after you have deleted the existing data fields in the top left hand rectangle .
    You might have to fiddle around a bit with the size of the field/word document but this is what I did and it works well. Just make sure the file that you import remains in the folder from where you imported same because Pastel will always look for this file in that specific folder. ( Maybe best before you import to write this " picture" file to your Pastel folder.) I always keep this file in my c:\Pastelxx\Companyname
    Also your csdocsp.eng will now change to a csdocsp.enz file and should you have to change anything again you have to open the .enz file. Also best to keep this .enz file in the company folder.

Hope this helps.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

9. Thanks given for this post:

greghsa (27-Sep-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ahhh a way around! Sounds like the sizing may be bit of a fiddle. Thank you. I will definitely give that a try.

Thanks
    Hi DaisyGirl

One thing that has worked for me was to add text fields to my form. And remove the company name field from the form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast