Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pastel Forms Design help, please

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Skeletor View Post
    Hi DaisyGirl

One thing that has worked for me was to add text fields to my form. And remove the company name field from the form.
    What I find frustrating about this is that you have to really fiddle around with the sizes of the fields and make sure they do not overlap and to make sure your text and font size fit into the field/s. Also to align the fields takes some getting used to especially if you have a lot of info to fit into the box.
    I think Daisy Girls real problem is the font size and the fact that the text is right aligned. But yes.....can be done.

The other problem that arises from time to time is that if you use more than one printer to print invoices etc. you might find it prints fine on one printer but not on the other one. So...it is trial and error.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks Evil... I have changed my form so as not to pull the company name from the data base. I have made text fields instead, splitting the company name 'manually'. Is that what you mean?

Pastel has some awesome features, then they omit the basic ones! Like, for eg, discounts receivable from suppliers. There should be some wee button (like the cool one to process overdue customer interest) to calculate what is due to suppliers with an option to apply or change.

DaisyGirl

Thanks
    I use both QuickBooks and Pastel. (Still learning Pastel)
    In Pastel 17 on the forms designer you just drag the size of the field where the name must display the correct length and then down to compensate for two lines of text (or more for three lines). You will have to play around and print to see the outcome. The text will wrap automatically.

Thanks
    Just adjust the field size horizontally and it will wrap automatically. Let me know if you need help with this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12