Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Reasons Content is King for your website

Thanks

Post 3 Reasons Content is King for your website

The Reason you are searching the internet is to get more information, and built knowledge.Content is the value the website give to the visitor.Content is the foundation a website are structured.

The reason more website content increases traffic is that content articles tend to be focused on a topic. This focus will then lead to the repeated use of a keyword or phrase in the article. That repeated use leads to higher search engine rankings. Search engine rankings are the way returns come back to an internet user through a search engine. If someone searches for the term “dogs” they will come back with thousands of pages of results. The order those results are displayed on the screen depends on a number of factors including how frequently the term is mentioned on the site and where it is mentioned on the site.

1.Research shows that people tend only to click on the first 10 results a search engine offers them. Increasing your website content will help you become one of those first 10 websites.

2.More website content increases traffic is a bit more complicated. If you have strong, well written content on your site, you increase your credibility with customers. Suddenly you are no longer a company selling homemade dog food; you are somebody who can offer knowledgeable advice about anything a responsible dog owner needs to know including house training, leash laws, and sleeping problems. This increase in credibility not only makes people believe what you have posted to your site, it also makes them want to stay at your site to read the rest of your content articles. The more content articles you have at your site, the longer they will stay.

Keeping them there as long as possible is the key to selling your product to them. You have a much longer time frame in which to pitch your product and close the sale.

Not only will they stay at your site longer with more content, but this also means they may come back to your site the next time they log onto their machine. For example, if you are selling refilled printer ink cartridges, but you have content on your site related to all things printers, you have a good chance that someone might stay to look at a few of the articles. However, the next time they need digital photo printing tips, chances are good that they will remember what great content you offered them during their last internet session, and they will return directly to your site just to read more of your content. This means you have their complete, undivided attention for an even longer period of time. Moreover, if they are returning to your site on some sort of regular basis, chances are good that they will recommend the site to other users like friends and relatives which will mean even more traffic for your site.

3.The final way more website content increases your web traffic is that it increases the likelihood that advertisers and reciprocal link exchangers will be attracted to your site. Reciprocal links are exchanged by websites that have similar interests. The more relevant topics you are able to list, the more chances you have of someone with similar interests attempting to link to your site. This could greatly increase your website traffic because not only will people be able to find your site through search engines, they may also be able to find your site through other sites. Further, though, advertisers are looking for sites that encourage customers they want to do business with. More keywords will mean more customers for you which can mean more advertisers for you which can mean more profits and visibility for you.

No matter how you view it, more content will increase your website traffic. That can only mean good things in store for you and your website. You can have your content articles written for you or write them yourself. Whichever way you go, though, be sure they are well-written, as poorly written articles will do nothing to increase your website traffic.

Resell Rights Weekly the Beginners Guide to a Fortune
    Gino Robin

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (02-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G Robin View Post
    The Reason you are searching the internet is to get more information, and built knowledge.

If there is one thing that has me shaking my head in disbelief on forums, it's people who go "I have a product - contact me for details."

Why should I contact you for details?
    I came here looking for details.
    So just spit it out and I'll contact you if I want to buy!

4. Thanks given for this post:

G Robin (03-Sep-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have a terrible memory so I tend to look up telephone number on websites. I know what I want, I know that I want to buy it from you, but I have to go searching for contact details.

Why don't they simply put the email address & telephone number on the front page. Many many companies put the detail in some obscure multi menu contactus menu.

Another thing that I hate is where companies only give a Contact Us form and nothing else. Give me a telephone number or an email address, I don't enjoy making initial contact blindly.

I am very weary of "Content" There is so much information on the net that I for one scan read on a very superficial level. If I am just surfing I'll scan a couple of pages on a site, but if I am looking for something specific I want to go directly to the relevant information.

There is nothing worse than having to read pages and pages of waffle. I don't much care for the authors who has views on everything. If I want to get printer cartridges I don't much want to wade through pages of waffle on the latest printers. I want to go straight to my cartridge, buy it without hassle and move on.

Web designers think that websites are the be all and end all, that companies have to have pages and pages of catagorized irrelevant waffle, they are not, they are simply another mechanism to communicate with a potential and existing customers in a relevant and constructive manner.

Nothing gets my complete undivided attention - Iv'e always got 5 - 10 - 20... sites open simultaneously, I'll admit I've got a 25" screen.

I don't want increased website traffic per se, I want relevant hits that turn into sales.

Technical websites - short and to the point.
    Waffle websites - I won't bother to visit them.
    Blogs - I hate them - pure waffle for waffle sake.
    Facebook - A place where people show their connectedness with people that they never talk to, to impress other people that they never talk to, to tell them things that nobody cares about anyway.

My favourite technical site:
    http://www.instructables.com/
    Millions of topics, each short sweet and to the point

Ok, I'm a hard-ass, but I love the net and I love to read, I just hate wasting time reading lots of waffle that is written for waffle sake.

6. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (02-Sep-10), G Robin (03-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Yes,very much true ...these days webmasters tend to focus on the reader to buy...the product and not giving good content to provide the value of knowledge..

Readers have create the habit of just reading the first line of the paragraph..( above the fold) and then immediately scroll down to the bottom...to see if there a catch or how eager the writer giving i'ts contact details (below the fold )

The internet (cyberspace) have i'ts negative influences(scamming and misleading ways to make money,date rape) and positive values (knowledge,meeting new people,research etc.).........compare to the real world where there positive values(personal development and many more)........and the real world negative are a darkness to think of ( crime,rape,violents and the many abuses)..

Where animals eat other animals.....people do the same as they..eat others financialy..

Thank You

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What does (above the fold) and (below the fold mean)?

Thanks
    Above and Below the fold is a marketing strategy...marketers use and in content ...for instance you,write a article and it show on Google....The chances that readers will read the whole article are minor... the bottom of the page are below the fold..Marketers put advertisements many times..above the fold (1st paragraph or 2nd)..where the percentage are higher to read..and to make money out of the advertisement....Check the top of the page of this forum,respectively...many visitors,will notice,that advertisement..on top,as to compare in the footer...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Eish...

Now you see, this is exactly what I mean about waffle-speak (also known as MBA speak) Terminology for terminology sake.

If I were to read "content" on marketing and such terms were used, I would simply close the website and look for something written in plain english. I am not going to spend another 10 minutes stuffing about looking up waffle-speak terminology in the glossary of terms.

11. Thanks given for this post:

G Robin (03-Sep-10)

Thanks
    I'ts the decisions that shape our choices....

Have a Enjoyable Day
    Thanks

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    What does (above the fold) and (below the fold mean)?
    "The fold" is the bottom of your screen. Internet surfers are lazy. So adverts or information that appears as the page first appears are more easily read / seen then ones that you have to scroll down to see. Once you have to scroll down to read it, its "below the fold".

In fairness, sometime geek speak does have its uses. The above is difficult to explain briefly without coming up with a new term.

14. Thanks given for this post:

G Robin (03-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Yes,there so much to learn in internet marketing and all kind of strategies are use,for the surfer....When the mind is in auto pilot....is diificult to control,cause the habits(laziness),that are created...steer in blind ways,you never would imagine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast