On Saturday evening my kids and 2 of their friends went to the local primary school carnival where they met up and hung around with old school friends from the area.

A brief description of these kids may help you understand the context of this post.
My son: 6 ft 2 is going on 17 and plays lock for an U20 club side (Grade 11)
His friend 1 : 6 ft plays center for U19 A side (Grade 11)
Other friend 6 ft: built like an average 17 year old (Matric)
My daughter: 5 foot 9 (Grade 8)

I phoned them at about 11h00 to say I am on my way to collect them, they replied that I was being paranoid, the streets are full of children and cars and people leaving, we live approximately 1 km away from the carnival, they will walk.

These 4 kids got robbed at gunpoint and one was stabbed! Josh the kid who was stabbed is thankfully fine, but all of them as large as they are, were helpless against 1 person with a gun and a knife!

Carnival/Party in area, lots of pedestrians, kids/teenagers get targeted, asked the time/ for a light /offered a cigarette all in an attempt to suss out what they have with them (either at the carnival or at the gate or just outside the gate) - perpetrators walk away and attack them around the first corner where the traffic has died down.

I am now 48 hours later ready to kill! Enough of this crap!