Thread: Joomla

Thanks

Joomla

Previously we had a static website for our company, the time came where we needed to update the website and so the journey in finding a reliable and reasonable web designing company began.

After a 6 month rollercoaster, I had found someone. I was still quite happy to have a static website, however our designer had suggested I use Joomla, I was quite skeptical because other quotes I had received were over R10.000.00 and by not knowing enough about it I wasn’t convinced. Spending a lot of time on the phone speaking with our designer he really knew Joolma and I was amazed that his quote came to the same amount as a static website. Joomla it was!

Since I have been using Joomla I am really impressed, it allows me to change contents, add pictures of events we hold, on line booking, newsletters and so much more.
    Changes can either be done on the frontend or the backend, depending on the changes you want done. Even though I had full support from our designer, I actually found Joomla very easy to use, extremely user friendly and I would suggest Joomla to anyone looking at having a non-static website.

I know there are other options available and not just Joomla, but I am finding Joomla great to use.

Thanks
    Joomla is Good and have i'ts benefits...but Wordpress have all the ingredients (free plugins ) to market your website in every department..like traffic,backlinks,themes,images,anti spam,sitemaps....and a whole lot more to save you a fortune of money....do just research about it...and you will see the difference

Thanks
    Glad to hear your website was a successful project. I also used Joomla! for a website. I rate it highly as well.

Thanks
    @ G Robin, I am still learning the Wordpress and SEO, not too sure how that works yet. I have been on Joomla for 3 weeks now and there is so much I am learning as I go.

Thanks
    Yes,as you learn you will see where you can improve more....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And so the whole Joomla vs Wordpress debate bears it's ugly face again.

but Wordpress have all the ingredients (free plugins ) to market your website in every department..like traffic,backlinks,themes,images,anti spam,sitemaps
    Joomla also has loads of free plugins, performing on each and every one of those criteria mentioned above. We use Joomla for just about all of our clients' sites, it really does wonders. It makes life easier for both the web design company as well as the client.

Once again, the result of this is debate is as follows:

Joomla is the designers' CMS, far more customizable than Wordpress.
    Wordpress is the bloggers' CMS, it works best for that purpose.

End of story. Now to wait for Tony Flanigan to see this post.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    Now to wait for Tony Flanigan to see this post.

Waiting.... lol

People that wants to push Wordpress for all kinds of websites probably still have to learn exactly how powerful Joomla really is. But I don't like to compare apples with tomatoes, I am still not convinced that tomatoes are fruit anyway
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

8. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (07-Sep-10)

Thanks
    I have been using both wordpress and Joomla since I entered web dev about 5 years ago before Joomla 1.5 and I will tell you for a fact Joomla is way more powerful and more useful than wordpress. But Word press is simply faster if you want to achieve simple functionality and objectives that basic businesses require. Joomla comes with built in Javascript libraries and plug-in's that enable you to do a world more than word press plug-ins. I could go on for ages about the power of Joomla but reality is 90% of clients do need it.

Thanks
    Joomla has this really fantastic component available for download called 'Job Board' I have been wanting extra functionality to include resume uploading and a job portal within our website and this component has it all.
    I am so pleased we did not implement a static website, our costs would have been exorbitant from development fees.
    Anyone interested in having a Job Portal using joomla, I strongly suggest Job Board, it is free and the support forum is great!
    Last edited by Cream; 13-Oct-10 at 07:30 PM. Reason: edit

Thanks

Job Board

The link: Job Board

12. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (13-Oct-10)