Thread: Getting IRP5 from company in liquidation

Thanks

Getting IRP5 from company in liquidation

The company I was employed by last year went into liquidation earlier this year (after I had left) - it turns out they did not pay the accounting firm that was doing their payroll for the 2011 tax year and said accounting firm has refused to issue all ex employees with IRP5's.
    What the heck do I do now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Approach the liquidator to issue IRP5's for the staff.

*EDIT* I hope you kept your payslips.
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Sep-10 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks
    If the company correctly submitted the return to SARS, there will be a record of the SARS payments received. A 'good' tax consultant can normally sort this out for you from the SARS side and not the Employer(your liquidated company) side. When I left my previous company, it was under very unfavourable conditions (I was under a restraint of trade) and there was attorneys involved etc. Anyway, to cut a long story short, there was no way in hell I was ever going to go back and plead for IRP5 etc. I spoke to a tax consultant and he was able to sort it out from the SARS side. Hope this helps you, and hope you managed to move on to a favourable job?

4. Thanks given for this post:

KimH (03-Sep-10)

Thanks
    I believe the company were in arrears with their SARS payments too! They deducted from us but apparently didn't pay everything over.
    Dave, we have no idea who the liquidator is and the previous owners of the company have changed their cell numbers and emails bounce back... they are incognito!! Bastards.
    Greg, I will get in touch with a tax consultant in the hopes they can assist - I really prefer having my tax matters up to date

Thanks
    I had the same issue with the company mentioned. They never paid over the proper amounts to SARS. In my case it worked in my favour. I got up to date with SARS and paid less than I would have done (if the company had correctly submitted)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greghsa View Post
    I had the same issue with the company mentioned. They never paid over the proper amounts to SARS. In my case it worked in my favour. I got up to date with SARS and paid less than I would have done (if the company had correctly submitted)
    I'm just concerned that I will be expected to pay all that tax again if the company didn't pay it over! In my case thatwould work out to over 120k for the year
    I am trying to obtain copies of all my payslips, if not hopefully bank statements showing the amounts deposited into my bank account will work!
    And I'll bet the buggers who owned the company have started a new business in the interim and will continue to live the good life while all 250 ex employees struggle to sort out their personal tax issues!