i didnt want to get into this subject...but man this country is becoming a sad place to live...considering that some companies have had to take some serious precautions...armed gaurds...to PROTECT YOU FROM FELLOW WORKERS...not to protect you from HARDENED CRIMMINALS...people you work with in the factory and office on adaily basis...this is a very sad day in south africa...

from months of unity and great prospects throughout the world cup...hope that things would get better in this country...to this...being protected from other staff members in your office...because you are happy with your increase being worked out according to your input into the company...and happy with your wage and package you accepted at the time of employment... i believe wage increase should be written into the employment contract...and it should be a standard increase every year...and if you as the company owner feel that the employee have proved himself...then it is your choice to reward that staff member with a better increase or bonuses during the year.

i have this all the time...people come to me on thier knees begging me for work...i feel for the person so i offer them a job...2 weeks later i get a call from the bargaining council telling me i need to come to the office to sort out a problem with one of my staff...under paying them etc etc...then i am told i have to pay out a lump sum because they have been employed with me for years etc etc...then i get told by the bargaining council people it would pay me to settle the money because i would end up wasting a lt of time and money in acourt battle...and people wonder why we use agencies to get subbies rather...i vowed many years ago after numerous battles with staff never to employ more than 2 people ever again and it times like this that just make me realise my choice was a good one...modern technology is the way forward...the less people you employ the less stress...and even though i dont make money like i use to...i enjoy running my little operation...no staff headaches.