Thread: prepaid sim card for data bundles

Suspended
    Thanks

prepaid sim card for data bundles

for those who dont know...if you use a prepaid sim card for your netbook/laptop like i do...you will need to reload airtime and make at least 1 call within 3 months...if you dont they will disconnect the sim card...and then you have to contact them to re activate the card them go to mtn and re rica the sim card with all the details etc etc.

i couldnt understand why i couldnt recharge the sim card and this was the reason...i had not reloaded airtime or made a call...so now every month i have to take the sim card out the netbook reload airtime...make a call...even if it is only 1 second...then reload a data bundle and reinsert the sim...the only way to over ocme this problem is to sign a contract

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well in the end people will not be bothered anyway, there are cheaper alternatives to our mobile networks taking the form of wireless internet providers. They will lose money but soon they will lose enough money to make them realise that customers are important.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    for those who dont know...if you use a prepaid sim card for your netbook/laptop like i do...you will need to reload airtime and make at least 1 call within 3 months...if you dont they will disconnect the sim card...and then you have to contact them to re activate the card them go to mtn and re rica the sim card with all the details etc etc.

i couldnt understand why i couldnt recharge the sim card and this was the reason...i had not reloaded airtime or made a call...so now every month i have to take the sim card out the netbook reload airtime...make a call...even if it is only 1 second...then reload a data bundle and reinsert the sim...the only way to over ocme this problem is to sign a contract
    so they milk you for your money via a phone call, even though you're going to pay it on a data bundle as well. Don't you just hate it how low these vultures go?

Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Well in the end people will not be bothered anyway, there are cheaper alternatives to our mobile networks taking the form of wireless internet providers. They will lose money but soon they will lose enough money to make them realise that customers are important.
    not really. wireless ISP's are still limited to the major cities. We went to the Kruger Park last week and I had to use my vodacom 3G card, which disconnected and timed out every few minutes forcing me to reconnect and loose a lot of money. But hey, someone's gotta pay for these scumbag's mercs and holiday homes!
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Still this is just making me angry... If you registered that number to your name then that number is yours! If they disconnect it then they are damaging your property???? It will make for an interesting court argument because you can get a statement and proof that you where using your SIM card. Forcing you to make a call with it is basically blackmail.

Facts Are the SIM card was in use via its 3G capability, you can Proof this. I think it is time that someone in the legal world take them on...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    the part that made me angry...i called them to find out why the sim card would not work...they told me it had be dicontinued because i had not made a call...so i gave them the sim card number and was told it would be reconnected in 24 hours...so i waited 24 hours and tried to load airtime...it just came up as number not a valid number...so i called mtn back again and enquired why it was still not working and was then told that i have to go to mtn and redo rica...%^&*&* that just peed on my battery.

so everytime i dont make a billable call within 3 months i have to get reconnected wait 24 hours then go back to mtn and re rica the sim card...i have nothing in my name so it is such a ball acke to get letters etc to do the rica crap.

i asked if there is not some way i could pay for a year upfront to keep the sim active...sign a contract