Hi Guys,

Some of you may have already seen the whole Bafokke Shirts saga and read all the debates relating to it all.

My question is this: What is the best way to introduce a wholesale option for the shirts? There has been a whole load of interest shown and I have had requests from more than one retail outlet wanting to resell the shirts.

My problem is that initially we priced the shirt too low. Although, I'd say that pricing it so low has actually benefited us more than it's done harm. At the moment, the price is too low to offer a wholesale price below what we're selling the shirts at already.

Anybody got any creative ideas on how I can raise my prices without upsetting the consumer?

The best I can come up with is to run it at the current price for a month or two, making a big fuss about it being a "Limited offer" or an early-mover advantage of sorts, and then raising the prices and introducing a wholesaler price at around (or just below) what we are selling the shirts at now.

A further question, what sort of margins are the norm between retail and wholesale prices in this sort of industry? (clothing/sportswear/fan stuff)

I've been pondering these matters non-stop for the past 2 weeks, and am a little bit stuck.

Any advice would be much appreciated.