Thread: winter tip

Suspended
    Thanks

winter tip

i have been called out to another fire...overloaded extender plug.

DO NOT PLUG HEAVY LOADS INTO DOUBLE ADPTORS OR EXTENDER PLUGS...for example heaters,,,washing machines with heaters,,,tumble driers,,,dishwashers,,,old aircons,,,kettles,,,especially if they dont have built in overload protection.

DO NOT PLUG YOUR WASHING AND TUMBLE DRIER INTO THE SAME SOCKET AND RUN BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

DO NOT PLUG YOUR TUMBLE DRIER AND DISH WASHER INTO THE SAME SOCKET OUTLET...they draw hgh current especially when on heat cycles.

people always say the plug behind the tv is so overloaded because there is so many plug in the same socket...it is not a bad thing because the tv...dvd...surround sound...dont draw high current....just dont plug the heater into the same plug with all the others on the extender plug...otherwise you might see smoke.

always buy extender plugs with build in overload protection...the best ones are the expenxive ones with the circuit breakers on the side....the one with the black button doesnt always work.

2. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (13-Aug-10), flaker (15-Aug-10)

Thanks
    I couldn't agree with you more, but I have never seen a house or office that has sufficient plug sockets, or sockets that are in the right place, with the result, everyone uses extension leads to plug things in and often these are heaters.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus