Thread: creating employment

Suspended
    Thanks

creating employment

there are lots of people out there unemployed...especially people with certain skills...ex policemen...etc...i received the highway mail yesterday and noted a small section in the back of the paper with a picture of 5 of the most wanted men in pinetown...should have been headlines but thats another story....anyway why dont people get together especially the ones who have been affected and people who are concerned for their families safety and put out a sum of money for the successfull arrest of these crimminals

if the money was good enough i would even consider doing it just for the sport...and some extra cash for a holiday.

and people who have been hijacked by these people could incease the reward...add a little incentive.

example

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

picutes of the wanted men

reward dead R5000...alive R500

i dont know if it is legal to do bounty hunting in this country...i suppose people who have hired private investigators to find the suspects are doing just that...it is amazing how quickly suspects are caught and case wrapped up when there are "private investigators" involved.

funny how you read the newpaper 2 men shot dead "resisting arrest"...then you hear the people had a special unit looking for them.

i would bet money that these 5 suspects wanted in the highway mail would get caught within a couple of days if private contractors where used to catch them....if not it would take months (is has already and affected many people)...giving them more time to hijack and hurt more inocent families.

the best part is you would be creating employment...it should be goverment funded...yeah right.

2. Thanks given for this post:

BusFact (12-Aug-10)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I think thats actually not a bad idea at all. It just needs someone to run with it.

I would personally tone down some of what you said: such as the dead/alive bit. But otherwise at first glance I think it has some merit.

Some possible issues as to why this doesn't work yet:

- Often perpetrators are not known to the victims, so details are sketchy.
    - Most often victims couldn't afford this and getting others to chip in to fund it could be the biggest challenge.
    - When the criminals are known and wanted, people expect the cops to find them. Having to pay PI's to do so in addition to taxes will be a grudge payment for many.

That said, I still like the concept.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Some more thoughts....

Who would get the payment? Is only one person allocated each case?

You run the risk of collusion between the investigating policeman and the bounty hunter. They could be capable of getting the suspect, but wait for the reward to be offered and only then fetch him and split the money.

What actually deserves payment? Information? Actual arrest? Conviction?

Suspended
    Thanks
    the idea is not to catch any crimminal...it would only be for extreme crimes...hijackings...armed robberies...rape...etc...and not bussiness crimes.

it would be for gangs operating in residential areas targeting children and women...people who break into houses where people are in the house etc

if a person is regarded and armed and dangerous they would be the ones targeted...fight fire with fire...if they want to play dirty then we need to fight back with a highly trained ruthless swat team...as the chief of police stated "shot to kill" if they resist arrest.

if there is more than one hijacking in an area the swat team needs to be sent in and clean up and make sure it is stopped before it gets out of hand.

we a re such easy targets for them its a joke...