Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crime

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The truth is, what it is... I am not picking up the bill because everybody wants to say “it is my fault”. When you report criminals to the police nothing gets done. But the police will act against YOU and ME if we take action. Fact is we are easy to find and even more easy to intimidate as seen on Television. The police are extremely aggressive towards the public.

Patrolling your aria sounds good but honestly here is the real world scenario for you. The criminals break into a home. You are radioed and you show up to help. The thing is they the criminals are armed with fully automated weaponry and they WILL kill you. You have to act lawfully therefore you are armed with none lethal children's toys.

The police are basically feeding us to the criminals and they know it. They know you have no actual chance to survive when someone fires an AK47 your way. Yet they are too happy to send you in first. Fortify your home, get those CCTV camera going knowing the criminal’s action is half the battle.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

2. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    i dont agree that people are breaking into your house because they are starving thats absolute cr*p...they are doing it because they want to live western lifestyles and the easy way to do it like prostitution and drug dealing its a get rich quick way...and a bonus is you get to rape a women or 2 to make you a man in front of your mates or just as a f&*5k you white man take that because i can...when you hear what they do to some of the women you will understand why i make this statement...not just to be racist.

there is no need to murder or rape women because you are starving.

i also dont agree that by standing around waiting for someoneone else to solve your crime problem is going to solve anything.

note...some people send millions of signed emails and petitions to the goverment...what get done about it abslutley nothing.

a small group decide to tackle their crime problem in the area by physically doing something about it setting up nght patrols...sms...and email crime is reduced by 70 %...what happens the crimminlas move to a different area...thats all that changes...thats why i still believe the you need to prevent them from moving to new locations.

things are getting so bad that when you have a party at your house you need to hire a trained team of security personel to protect you and your friends from being robbed at gun point...maybe it time to start looking at doing this...instead of starting a new security company like coin...blue...adt etc...rather get a team together which cleans up areas...at a nominal fee...threat the crimminal the way they want to treat others and make them scared...like i said before bounty hunting...put a price on their heads...it is the only way we will make these people think before they decide to break into bussiness or house...you have to make them think first.

some good news this morning 2 crimminals resisted arrest both shot dead after trying to rob a church...the new easy target...churches...i think this is gona get people to react...the more they nail the churches the harder people are going to fight back.

the crimminals who robbed the church memebrs while praying a couple months ago...all resisted arrest...i dont think any of them made it to court...now thats what i like to hear.

the police are proving to be more and more corrupt by the day with stories of police involment in crimes like rape...just a week ago head lines in the paper...crimminals escaping from prison..etc...so you cant rely on them to protect you...and if you can get them to respond in 3 days good for you...this cele and the other fella who is always on tv talking about how he will be improving safety and security is just a bluff...they are just enjoying the lime light..note the fancy dress whenever on tv...unfortunalty action speaks louder than words...they are just seem to be full of hot air...you hear of 5 million rand police station but you dont hear how safe this country is to live in...when we move into the top 100 safe places to live than i will believe anything they say.

i still cannot for the life of me understand why people have 5 diffrent response companies in 1 road...idiots...you need to get one company to get involved to protect your area or go private...there are plenty good ex police sap officers out there...you need to have community meetings which include the response company which you use and if they dont do their job get another company...if you have 5 cars doing th same thing on the same network chances are you weill improve your security...but having 5 different vehicles from 5 different companies on 5 different networks in one area...just doesnt add up.

4. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    disappointed to hear on the news this morning that they only killed 2 arrested one...and one escaped...lets hope they dont make it to court...waste our tax money...one bullet only cost a rand or 2 a crimminal in jail cost millions...the money could be better spent increasing the teachers and nurses wages.

6. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well firstly all women suffer, especially the young girls in townships. Rape and murder is common place but again the townships resist the police when the police try to react to these violent crimes. But again it is really difficult to trust the police because of what you see in the Media.

Yes, hate crimes and torture is common place and the children normally gets it the worst so that that statement can be made. I can only say that things will not get better. It is almost impossible for change to take place. Criminals walking out of prisons are just another indication that the systems are collapsing.

The problem is that the criminal has more human rights then us. They have the right to rape and murder. Intimidate and act without any form of restraint. Our laws are structured to protect them against the public. If we take the law in our own hands we get dragged off to prison to be raped and abused by the criminals that was imprisoned.

In a word the situation is and will be hopeless. I sometimes feel and belief that God is dead, because of all the pain in this world. So hope died with that thought. I will survive as long as I can but sooner or later I will become a statistic.

The truth is all of us will eventually become a statistic
    peace is a state of mind

8. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Can you folks continue to live in fear like this?
    Yes we do continue living in fear especially when you have been a victim of crime. I am attaching a piece written by my daughter Sally about the ordeal that happened to us a couple of years ago.
    This is our story:

Shortly before 5:00am on the morning of 20th Dec we packed our belongings and prepared to leave for our vacation to the sea. My mom and dad, my husband, Bertie, and my two children, Christopher(12) and Rebecca(9) and I were all so excited. We had saved all year for our holiday and had spent all year paying off our holiday home. We were going on holiday to Shelly Beach on the South Coast of Kwazulu Natal. I am told that this beautiful strip of coastline is known as the Hibiscus Coast and draws many tourists every year.
    Shortly after 2:00am we arrived at our holiday home. It was a really spectacular place set in a beautiful garden and approximately 500m from the beach. The property had a high wall, electronic gate, security gates and burglar proofing. We felt safe and were in awe of the beauty we were surrounded by.
    After a short swim on St. Michael’s beach, we returned to our holiday home to have dinner and have an early night as we were all tired from the long trip.
    Shortly after 9:00pm we all turned in for the night. Fortunately, I had decided to put mattresses for my children in our room to sleep on. The four of us had chosen the main bedroom on one end of the house and my parents had chosen a guest room on the opposite end of the house. I had taken my small miniature Daubermann dog, Felix, along and he lay sleeping between my husband and me. At around midnight I awoke and heard what I thought was a scratching sound. I woke Bertie and he went to take a look and to check that all the doors were locked properly. He found nothing out of place and returned to bed. We knew the neighbours had big dogs and we assumed that the noise had come from them. Bertie got up another three times after this as we just couldn’t ignore the noises. He checked the doors and windows and again found nothing wrong. On one occasion when Bertie went to check, the dogs next door were barking terribly and Bertie let our little dog out to have a run about as well. It must have been close to 1:00am when we finally dozed off again.
    Shortly after 1:00am I woke up as I heard muffled voices. I opened my eyes and realized that my worst fear and most dreaded nightmare had just become a reality. Standing at the foot of our double bed were three men with balaclavas over their faces. Two of them were armed with revolvers and the third man had a very large knife. I cannot describe the fear that surged through me; I felt my throat close and my tongue felt like a piece of lead. Standing beside my beautiful children and my beloved husband stood three potential killers. As I lifted my head, they showed me to be silent; I was too shocked and afraid to utter a word anyway. I sat up, shaking profusely and thinking surely this isn’t happening, I must be dreaming. Pointing to my husband, Bertie, one of the men with a gun walked round to his side and held a gun to his head. The other man told me, “Wake him, wake the big one!” I managed to whisper Berties’ name twice and he opened his eyes staring directly into the barrel of a gun. Bertie let out a cry of shock and fear and again the men insisted that we remain silent or they would kill us. The leader of the gang ordered the other two men out of the room in Zulu. I recognized the language as I bought a CD from which I was trying to learn Zulu and so some of the words were familiar to me. The leader kept his gun on us and the other two men disappeared down the long passage. I knew they had been sent to my parent’s room and we felt so helpless as we couldn’t warn them of what was coming.
    I saw Christopher stirring and the man stepped forward and held the revolver to my son’s chest. I begged him not to harm my children and told Christopher that there were men with guns in our house. The man told me to shut up. Chris sat up slowly with his hands above his head. At this moment we heard shouts of terror and cries for help from my mom and dad. Apparently, my dad had awoken as the two men entered their room. One of the men charged down on my dad and stabbed at him. In shock, my dad shouted, roared and kicked to get the man off him. Then as he looked beside him, the other man had shaken my mom awake and had the gun against her head. My mom pleaded and begged that they wouldn’t hurt them and continually requested that they put their guns away and that they would do whatever was asked of them. Bertie began begging and pleading that they would not harm my parents. Bertie offered them anything they wanted in exchange for my parent’s lives. Very agitated, the man kicked the bedroom door closed so we couldn’t hear my parents cries and ordered Bertie, “Shut up! Shut up!” and he waved the gun in his face. Then through the door my mom’s cries rang clear, a sound I have no words to describe to anyone. I went ice cold and froze in fear. Chris showed the man that he wasn’t armed, leaned forward and pointed at my MP3 player on the dressing table: “ Please sir,” he said, “take this MP3 player, it is worth a lot of money and please don’t hurt my granny and grandpa…..they are old.” The man reached down and took the MP3 player. He shouted something in his language to the other two men. The man that was guarding us was obviously shouting orders to the other two to bring my parents to us. As my parents were taken from the room, my mom began to pray loudly and my dad joined in. This angered the robbers and they shouted that my mom must stop doing that. One of the men promised my mom that he would not shoot her if she remained quiet. This gave my mom the courage to ask him to put his weapon in his pocket. All through this ordeal, my mom reminded this man of his promise and asked him to put his gun away. This brought little bits of relief as he listened to her occasionally. My parents were marched into our room and made to sit on the bed with us. I thought that this was it; they were going to kill us all here. They walked back and forth across Rebecca who was still lying sleeping. One of the men was highly agitated and moved the point of his gun from one person to the other. He seemed itchy to use it and was delighting in our fear. He was about to tip Rebecca’s mattress when Bertie asked the leader of this band of criminals if we could just wake our daughter and call her to us on the bed. If we were going to die, we would then all be together. The leader agreed and holding the gun to Bertie’s head allowed him to call Rebecca to us. Rebecca got up quietly and calmly and joined us on the bed. We were all made to sit with our heads down as the robbers had moved their balaclavas up onto their heads and their faces were now visible. I was sure this was the end as I knew that they would definitely not leave witnesses behind. My dad, Bertie and Chris were now sitting in front of my mom, Rebecca and me. Rebecca was shaking so badly that the whole bed shook, but she remained silent and didn’t utter a word. Then began the robber’s grueling search for valuables. “Where is your cellphones? Where is your money? Where are your clothes? Where are your shoes? Where is your handbag? Where are your guns?” The questions rained down on us, as well as threats to kill us if we didn’t give them what they’d come for. They scratched through everything, filling our suitcases with their loot. They made sure that one armed man stayed with us at all times. During one of their searches, they opened the wardrobe in our room and found a long, tall gun safe. Bertie and my dad explained over and over that this did not belong to us and that we were just visitors on holiday. They continued to ask for the key, pointing their guns at my dad and Bertie. They attempted to force the safe open, shaking and kicking it. One man wore gloves, but the other used Bertie’s socks as gloves. They went through a door into the garage just behind our room, took power tools, came back and then locked the door tossing the key away. Bertie and my dad and mom continued to ask that they do not harm us and that we wouldn’t do anything. At first they wanted to lock us in the garage, but they had themselves tossed the key away. Then, they wanted to lock us all in the room, but couldn’t get the key to work. In walked the leader to my dad and arrogantly requested, “Please sir, may I borrow your car.’’ My dad explained how his central locking worked and handed over the bunch of keys. This man also asked my father how the electronic gate worked and my dad explained it all to him. They pulled the door closed behind them and we heard a muffled discussion going on. I heard them cock a pistol and thought that one of them would be sent back to finish us off. We heard footsteps go down the passageway and we all sat in silence with our heads bowed. We waited to hear if my dad’s car would be started up. We sat for a long time, too afraid to look up or make a move in case they had not yet left. After a long time, Bertie carefully got up, tiptoed to the window to see if my dad’s car had left. But, it was still there, so we sat quietly again and decided in whispers that we would wait like that till daylight. After what seemed like an eternity, I could take it no more and asked my dad to turn off the ceiling fan with the long switch that was dangling above his head, so that we could hear better. My dad put the fan off and as we listened there was deadly silence. We waited a little while longer, then decided that we would all go together to check if they were gone. In a pathetic, shaking group, we all went in silence to the front part of the house. Relief washed over us as we realized that we had been left alive and that they had left. We decided to go and look for help. The house was built on a slope and we had to trudge uphill, my mom barely able to walk from what we had been through. We were all in our pajamas without shoes as the men had taken everything. Bertie and my dad didn’t even have shirts. The first few houses we couldn’t attract anyone’s attention as their security was so good, but, finally we found help at a house on the corner of the street. The people were friendly, hurried us inside and phoned the police. Within minutes the local police arrived and my dad and Bertie went down to the house. Coffee was made for my mom, me and the two kids by the lady who had helped us and we were given a lift back home. The house had been left in absolute chaos. The robbers had eaten things, drank cold drink and had destroyed whatever they couldn’t take. The Shelly beach police from all kinds of departments had rushed to our aid and were combing the crime scene. We had been held hostage and threatened from approximately 1:00am to 4:00am and had then sat, too frightened to move from 4:00am to 5:15am. The police then did their job for several hours. We decided that we would leave for home as soon as the police were finished with us as we were too afraid to sleep for another night in the house. The owner of the house and women I had rented the property through also came to our aid immediately when we called her. The police discovered that the robbers had gained access through a small bathroom window that had no burglar proofing. They were all barefoot and this is why we couldn’t hear them walk.
    I have officially decided that my kids are the most coolest bravest kids there are! Both Chris and Rebecca remained calm during this terrible experience and did exactly as they were told. Sadly, this also shows that S.A kids are so conditioned to accepting violent crime. We are all okay now, but I think we will all need help in dealing with this trauma. I am heartbroken, I feel that these people have taken something from me that can never be given back and this is my mere trust and respect for fellow South Africans. The robbers tore open my kids Christmas gifts and made my 65yr old parents beg for their lives. Some of our clothing was recovered and we trust that the police will soon apprehend these criminals.
    We are all struggling to sleep and have flashbacks of this terrible night. I see them in my dreams and I smell them everywhere as they sweated profusely whilst they were hyped on our fear. I’m sure you can imagine what this has done to my children. I feel like a barrel of mixed emotions, ready to explode. I am sad, angry, and bitter but also have a sense of emptiness.
    For this Christmas, my family received the gift of life, given by men who had no right to either take it or give it. Luck did not carry us through, God almighty folded us in His care and we danced with death, looked the devil in the eye and came out alive on the other side. Please all pray with us that these men will be caught and that we will have the courage to face them in court.

With much love
    From
    Sally
    And on behalf of
    Butch, Kosie, Bertie, Sally, Christopher and Rebecca
    My family are still traumatized in spite of us all having received professional help. Suggest you read my poem on my website titled "South Africa We Are Free"
    I am a father of three children. grandfather of five children and great grandfather of two children and each and everyone of my family have been the victims of "Violent Crime" . In some cases more than once. I obviously do not believe the crime statistics that are given out by the police.

Yes we continue living in fear.
    Butch Hannan

10. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    and the sad thing is we all have stories like this to tell...you just never hear about them in the newspaper or media...only via emails or when people load them on forums...or listening to people at social gatherings...i would be here till tommorow morning writting facts likes this.

the reality is we live in the most violent country outside of war torn countries...my sister and her family who have moved to england find it rather amuzing that whenever she asks why i dont leave this country....i always say..."at least its not as bad as irak" the problem with this statement is the amount of deaths and injury from violence and bombing is still less than the crime in this country i am not talking about the stats sent out by goverment i am talking about the realty and cases we dont even hear about.

cheer up we live in the rainbow nation...take it like and man but then dish it out like a man toooo if you get the upper hand...or pray and forgive them.

beams in the garden AND on the walls of the house so they cant get to the hosue and climb thru a small window...if you have big or small dogs keep them inside the house...and when asked by the judge or procecutor ...YOURS AND YOUR FAMILIES LIVES WERE IN DANGER AND THEY POSED A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER...not maybe this or maybe that...and never shout out violent threats....always shout please stop...please stop and try not shoot more than 2 shots otherwise it is seems and extreme force.

common stories which come out of court.

we were lost and had to break into the house to ask for directions.

i was far away from home and wasnt sure were i was and got frightened so i broke into the house.

i was thirsty and needed water so i broke into the house...i didnt see the tap below the window which i stood on to climb into the window...

etc etc

12. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The sad part is not the excuses it’s the judge believing them...

And what is the excuse for the AK47? He used it as a cane? And was the bullets to add to the stability?
    peace is a state of mind

14. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    these people are getting a lot smarter than you think...they dont always carry firearms...the other night a fella was caught breaking into cars...they wear the bare essentials...i mean the fella only had a pair of sleeper short on...a sharpened allen key and a shaft with a weight on it which slides up and down to break the lock...i can only asume that the get away vehicle had armed criminals...when he was caught he dropped the tools of his trade and denied any knowledge of them.

my neighbour was hijacked at home...no firearms were produced only indicated that they had guns and would kill if they didnt do what they told them....it went off so smoothly that he only started going into shock an hour or two after the whole ordeal...they spoke fluent english...well mannered well dressed...all in good health well built...arrived in a bmw...starving i think not...more like highly skilled soldiers/crimminals with past experience in terrorism

i will say this again i believe the police force are not equipped nor do they have the correct skills to handle these type of crimminals/terroists.

look at the cash in transit heists...armed robberies all planned and carried out in a manner which indicates they are trained personel...who knows who is training these people...these are the questions we should be asking...and why are they hardly ever caught

and why when polic eofficers who shoot them get put on suspension...

starts making you think...time to...

16. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (29-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Time to begin a security RE network, methinks. Begin actively looking after you & your own.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

18. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (08-Oct-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    what i am hearing is people are hiring armed guards to protect them and their visitors during functions...this sounds like a bussiness to go into...get a couple of ex cops to work like bouncers but just heavily armed...to be capablae of tackling 6 - 8 armed robbers...its after hours so it could be a side line job for active cops...at least they could call their buddys if the kak hits the fan.

it is amazing how often this kind of thing is happening and how little it is reported in the media...maybe they are just stories

20. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (08-Oct-10)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast