Thread: New COC headache

Thanks

New COC headache

The clients do not want to pay, the semi-skilled are poaching our clients. And at the end of the day DOL is suffocating us.

Page 1: Note 1:This certificate is NOT valid unless ALL the sections have been completed correctly...
    Page 6: Note: ...if no signature appears(see above) the signatory of 5.4 takes responsibillity.

Page 1: Registered person registration number...; Electrical contractor registration number....: Accreditation certificate/License number?
    Page 1: I, (Name)....declare.....Contact details Name:..... I, (NAME)....declare..... Contact details of electrical contractor: Name....
    Why the hell must I fill my name in 4 times on the first page???? To top it off I must do it again on the last page.

Page 1: Date of registration:...TWICE!!!!!

Page 1: Adress & contact numbers: TWICE!!!!!

I think you get my drift, let alone registration expiry date, it is still the same as it has been for years!!!

Now I ask with tears in my eyes why could they not get a suitably qualified person to check the design before dumping the crap on us.
    Don't they realise that we do not get carried by the Government, that we will be losing a lot of time filling in this book? I am damn sure that if they printed the COC number on the next page it sure as hell would not have affected their salaries.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Now I ask with tears in my eyes
    Yep...also....tears rolling down my cheeks.....if you figure out the reason please let me know.

Thanks
    You must be joking, I have neither the time nor inclination to try figure it out. I will just continue swearing them. Wishful think does help occasionaly.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The electrical COC design problems keep coming. Quite simply, it's over-engineered.

Whatever committee is responsible for this really needs some new blood.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Brains more likely. I have uncovered something else which I need solved within 2 weeks. Yesterday I did an inspection where they have 2 solar panels on the roof with a 600W inverter. This is a totally seperate installation with it's own lighting circuit utilising lampholders without fittings and a dedicated 2x4 socket outlet.(no ELCB on the inverter) This being an alternative power supply I could mark it as such on the COC if it were connected to the main installation, however it is a totally seperate installation for the same house. I can, as before issue a seperate COC for it, but how does the pre-allocated numbering work? Where do I indicate that there is an additional installation covered by a seperate COC? And "they" thought they were improving the COC!
    We all know what "thought" did.
    "Record in the “New/altered/temporary installation” column, that part of the installation now installed by yourself.
    ◦Item 11: “or” has been introduced at the end to indicate a choice between items 11 and 12.
    ◦Item 12: Note that in terms of the EIR 2009, the cut-off date for this option is no longer 1992.
    •All installation work done before the publication of the last amendment to the SANS 10142-1, can now be certified in terms of this." According to this it is no longer pre92 but pre 2009!!! How on earth???
    I think maybe it is time to change occupation.