Thread: IT Business Marketing Strategy.

Thanks

IT Business Marketing Strategy.

Running the IT business how do one bring customers/ clients to the business, we made the online advertising, I still believe to the type of the solution we providing, it needs more of that, because we giving solutions to businesses,i.e Software, support and networking.
    do we have to hire a marketing agent or something, to go around,
    anybody with an Idea please.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Eish...1. your url www.netisconsuling.com is dead. 2. The website www.nictsa.co.za looks like its from a sci-fi movie. It blinks & flickers. 3. The damn thing plays the same irritating music all the time. 4. Every time I move the mouse over a button the thing pings...

Now you see, you can't impress a client by getting on his nerves with bells, whistles & yo-yo's and especially with a website that sounds like the music was written by Jean Michel Jarre. I had to close the site down because it makes too much noise.

Thanks
    The Nictsa website was actually for demonstrating to a certain client, that wanted a Flash website, I think the dead url was mis speld the actual business website is www.netisconsulting.com
    Last edited by duncan drennan; 22-Jul-10 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks
    Hi netisSbusiso

Please know that my questions and statements are simply made to contribute positively to your question. There is a serious lack of relevant information to truly assist but I will attempt to assist based on the little information I do have.

I need to ask you a couple of questions before seriously judging your website.

• In terms of your marketing plan, what is your main target market? I was unable to see this on your websites.
    • In terms of your marketing plan, how is your sales funnel designed? This is from a landbased marketing and advertising perspective as well as an Internet Marketing perspective.
    • What is your product and service?

In dealings with companies ranging from ABSA, Sun International to even small companies like beauty salons, this is normally the location of serious weakness within the marketing drive. Before investing in advertising there is a simple process that you must follow in order for advertising to work.

What I have seen on both the websites is a serious lack of marketing planning. I still struggle to truly understand what it is exactly that you are offering.

I also do not see any kind of conversion factors which is normally an indication that there is weaknesses in the marketing planning that was made, if a marketing plan even exist?

To really assist we need to know a bit more and I am confident we will have a breakthrough.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Hi Chatmaster.

Thanks for your reply, I learnt something from your Message.

Our Marketing Strategy.

Our expertise lies in understanding and the knowledge about various disciplines within business and management as well as the business needs of both the Public and Private Sectors. The main targets for Netis are private sectors.

We Normally try and arrange a meeting with other business units, so that we can present what we have for them and how we can improve from what they are having, in terms of IT infrastructure, and this is a difficult task to secure a meeting with some Organisation representatives.

SERVICES
    The consulting services include:
    Business analysis
    Business Process Improvement and Re-engineering (BPI/BPR)
    Technical Specifications

Development Services Include:
    Systems Development
    Open-source deployment and Migration
    Technical Support and Maintenance
    Desktop Hardware
    System Software and applications
    Network Infrastructure

Thanks
    Hi netisSbusiso

I am going to try and keep this as simple as possible.

I want you to give to me a punchline on the following questions in one short sentence. Think of it as the primary words you will use to get someone's attention when you want to sell them your service and you have only 5 seconds to do so. What would you say?

Storyline
    John Armstrong (Billionaire President of Armstrong Group of companies) has very little time and a group of bodyguards around him. You have tried to get a meeting with this man for months without any success. The only time you have to get your product or service to him is as he exits his high security building on his way to his car, under protection of his bodyguards you have only 5 secs to get his interest, before his bodyguards will remove you. What do you tell him?

Would it work if I tell him:

"I will streamline your business management to give you more time!"

"I will save you 25% of your expenses each day!"

"Increase your time with 50%, talk to me!"

"We get IT to talk to marketing!"

or will it work if I say:

"Nictsa is committed to providing innovative, optimal, efficient, cost effective Technology services to meet the extracting needs of its clients while maintaining high ethical and professional standards."

Marketing is not applying for a government tender, it is cutting to the bone of what you offer and expressing this visually and in words.

An offer

Before you continue, think thoroughly about what you offer and to whom.

Coca Cola offer people dreams, happiness, rewards, joy! That is why their brand works! They are not talking about themselves, their focus is on their customer and what they offer their customer.

Microsoft offer people to "Make it great", "Run your PC more efficiently", "Record TV on your PC", "Easily connect a home network"

Intel offer people to "Experience smart performance"

What do you offer your customer?

Quote Originally Posted by netisSbusiso View Post
    Our Marketing Strategy.

Our expertise lies in understanding and the knowledge about various disciplines within business and management as well as the business needs of both the Public and Private Sectors. The main targets for Netis are private sectors.
    Note: This is not a marketing strategy. This is all about you. Who cares about you? Nobody! I want to know about me! What can you give ME! But first of all, Who am I? "Private Sector"? I am not sure...

Although I leave a few points out to make it simple, your marketing plan should also be expressed in your company profile and your websites. For example, If you did a SWOT analysis, mention it within your marketing documentation. People must know what strengths you have. You must know what weaknesses, opportunities and threats you have, so you know exactly how you would deal with it.

For example, I know that my company is a small run company that runs from a house in Krugersdorp, my competitors are huge companies that operate from super expensive buildings in the center of Sandton. So I express myself in my marketing turning my weakness to a strength as I am not big and give personal quality service at a much better price.

SERVICES
    The consulting services include:
    Business analysis
    Business Process Improvement and Re-engineering (BPI/BPR)
    Technical Specifications
    Business Analysis is a generic term that sounds like work and time, be more specific on what the customer will get.

Business Process Improvement and Re-engineering is a term that once again sounds like a lot of time and work, with these words you will scare off the most valuable asset you have in any private company, the IT Manager that understands your lingo.

Development Services Include:
    Systems Development
    Desktop Hardware
    Network Infrastructure
    Systems Development
    Huh, say what? I can develop a system! Infact I do it every day! So what!

Mmmm, my one technician does that, why do I need you?

I still don't get it, "Nerds on call" give me the same service

Desktop Hardware
    WOW, I didn't know desktops have hardware!

OK, I can buy that for cheaper, infact we have that already, even on my new Palm, (Wonder if my daughters MP3 players has it to?)

Network Infrastructure
    Ohhh that is the cable thingy, right? We got that from Matrix computers the other day, my son in Matric can do that.

Excuse me for having fun with the last few bullets you gave me, but that is genuinely the thoughts that can cross people's minds when seeing your marketing docs. Think about it, if you haven't defined your prospects how can you talk their language, lingo might work for technical people, but still make it sound attractive to them.

Now about your website

If you have some time to do so I seriously recommend that you rethink the entire layout of your website in terms of technology (Flash) use and content. I also recommend that you read up on marketing planning and online marketing. Regardless of your service or business a nice online company profile will not cut it.

I can almost give you a 100% guarantee, you will not get any visitors from Google. I can also guarantee you that if you do get visitors to the site through advertising they will not contact you. I seriously recommend that you rethink the way your websites are designed and planned.

netisSbusiso, I hope you understand that I am simply trying my best to explain a few mistakes imo and not to grind you into submission. I truly care about your business being successful and is simply trying to help. Any money you spent on advertising or marketing right now, might cause serious damage to your ROI.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

7. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (25-Jul-10), flaker (25-Jul-10), netisSbusiso (23-Jul-10), wynn (23-Jul-10)

Thanks
    Hi Chatmaster

Well said, I get the picture, as much as I want the business to be successfull, I will redo the website and stop writing about me, but about the service and products.

Thanks
    Just to give an update, over the years the business has grown and thanks to the advises, please visit http://www.netisconsulting.co.za/ and http://ncmt.co.za/ for our services.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    Hi netisSbusiso

Please know that my questions and statements are simply made to contribute positively to your question. There is a serious lack of relevant information to truly assist but I will attempt to assist based on the little information I do have.

I need to ask you a couple of questions before seriously judging your website.

• In terms of your marketing plan, what is your main target market? I was unable to see this on your websites.
    • In terms of your marketing plan, how is your sales funnel designed? This is from a landbased marketing and advertising perspective as well as an Internet Marketing perspective.
    • What is your product and service?

In dealings with companies ranging from ABSA, Sun International to even small companies like beauty salons, this is normally the location of serious weakness within the marketing drive. Before investing in advertising there is a simple process that you must follow in order for advertising to work.

What I have seen on both the websites is a serious lack of marketing planning. I still struggle to truly understand what it is exactly that you are offering.

I also do not see any kind of conversion factors which is normally an indication that there is weaknesses in the marketing planning that was made, if a marketing plan even exist?

To really assist we need to know a bit more and I am confident we will have a breakthrough.
    You are 100% good here that before investing in advertising there is a simple process that you must follow in order for advertising to work.