I'm curios, what backup software do you use for a small Windows network?

I need to backup 4 Windows XP PC's onto a central Windows PC, which has a removable backup drive that our accountant takes home every day. The other 4 PC's are used by accounts & sales staff, who don't necessarely know Windows or networking that well.

So I'm looking for something which I can install, configure and forget on those PC's. i.e. I want to setup a backup profile, tell it to backup to the account's PC every day @ 17:00 and not have to worry about it. basically, I won't want the staff to manually run the backups (since they forget, and tend to mess it up), and it should even run when they're not logged in, i.e. run as Windows service.

But, I want something that is free, since it's for a non-profit organization, so their budget is very tight.

Ideally, I'd like to get something which doesn't create one big archive, or propriatory image of the backup, but rather just copy the files across to the hard drive. Thus, if they need to restore a single file, they can just look for it on the backup drive. Many backup programs create big dump and then you need that particular program again to restore the backup. Differently put, let's say all the PC's got stolen / struck by lightning / flood / etc, and they urgently need a file(s), then it would be easier to just copy the file(s) from the USB drive, than having to try and remember which backup program they used, how it was setup, etc and then trying to figure out which files to restore to find a single file.

Can someone recommend something for me?