Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T-shirts. Logistics. HELP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    Forum member' discount on orders????
    Aha! Great "marketing tip" there! *cough!*

Thanks
    Mark, the T-Shirt industry has a lot of stiff competition. Since you are in Durban you will know of the brand "Fact Durban Rocks". the guy made a killing because he used kwaito genre for his sales. Next thing, was the fong kong version of this brand. Are you prepared to deal with that?

Next came "Ama Kip Kip" design. Again the selling point was music. House DJ's were wearing this brand and the sales soared. Again the fong Kong hit them hard.

A friend of mine recently launched "Durban Chillies". From where I am standing, i can say it was a total failure despite being the favourite of university students.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well here it is!

All you sceptics can go check out this thread: http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...ead.php?t=7905

The "Mystery" T-shirts have finally been released!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    very, very good! Like the site and like the idea, should be a winner.

BUT, am I right in guessing that you do not have permission to use ether the springbok or bafana logo???

For R270, I am guessing not...and if not, you could be heading for a world of pain, canterbury and adidas would not be happy, and you should SERIOUSLY consult a lawyer before this goes any further.

But if this is a hundred percent legit, what is your wholesale price?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you look closer you will see that we have not used either logo, as I explained in a post on the other thread.

We decided to go for a more "comical" take on the shirts, and designed our own comical versions of the respective logos. We have consulted more than one lawyer on the matter and are in no way infringing on any trademark. There is not a chance that a reasonable person could deem the shirt to be a product of any of those organisations.

Also, if by any chance they do take offense, I've been advised that the most they can do is grant an interdict to stop them being sold. If Justin Nurse from Laugh It Off can get away with what he does, there should be no problems whatsoever with this.

Trust me when I say we have done our homework.

It is completely legit and our wholesale price is a little over R150. A large portion of our target market comprises Varsity students, and we have aimed to price it so that everybody can afford it for now.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    If you look closer you will see that we have not used either logo, as I explained in a post on the other thread.

We decided to go for a more "comical" take on the shirts, and designed our own comical versions of the respective logos. We have consulted more than one lawyer on the matter and are in no way infringing on any trademark. There is not a chance that a reasonable person could deem the shirt to be a product of any of those organisations.

Also, if by any chance they do take offense, I've been advised that the most they can do is grant an interdict to stop them being sold. If Justin Nurse from Laugh It Off can get away with what he does, there should be no problems whatsoever with this.

Trust me when I say we have done our homework.

It is completely legit and our wholesale price is a little over R150. A large portion of our target market comprises Varsity students, and we have aimed to price it so that everybody can afford it for now.
    Ok, I will take your word for it..still think there could be problems brewing though.

I am guessing you are not vat registered yet? Are the logos embroidered?

I'll take 21, if they have embroidered logo's

3 x S, 5 x M, 5 x L, 5 x XL , 3 x 2XL

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap_sak View Post
    Ok, I will take your word for it..still think there could be problems brewing though.

I am guessing you are not vat registered yet? Are the logos embroidered?

I'll take 21, if they have embroidered logo's

3 x S, 5 x M, 5 x L, 5 x XL , 3 x 2XL

The logos aren't embroidered, but they aren't screen printed on either. The shirts are not made of cotton, they are made from 100% polyester moisture management fabric (just like the Adidas fan shirts) and dyed via sublimation printing. Therefore it's all dyed into the material. I.e. It's not the stuff that you can't iron on. It has no hand feel and is a great quality.

21? Why the emphasis on embroidered logo's?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    The logos aren't embroidered, but they aren't screen printed on either. The shirts are not made of cotton, they are made from 100% polyester moisture management fabric (just like the Adidas fan shirts) and dyed via sublimation printing. Therefore it's all dyed into the material. I.e. It's not the stuff that you can't iron on. It has no hand feel and is a great quality.

21? Why the emphasis on embroidered logo's?
    Sublimation!

At that price!

shweet.

That's a confirmed order of 21 tops in sizes of above.

If there are any copyright problems, I will be sending them straight on to you.

But should be a good seller!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    But if this is a hundred percent legit, what is your wholesale price?
    I'm afraid I think I misunderstood here. The price I mentioned is our COST price and not our wholesale price. For now we have decided to sell the shirts solely through the website. That's the reason why they are priced so competitively, to encourage people to buy through the website.

I'm guessing you're a supplier, hence the 21 shirts? Apologies for the misunderstanding, my mistake.

Another reason for the pricing is to discourage people from trying to replicate our shirts. It was not at all easy to find a manufacturer who didn't tell us it was "impossible", so if somebody does find one, it's going to be really difficult to price their products below ours.

Let me know if you're still interested in any shirts. We could probably work something out, but with our price already low, it's difficult to drop it any further.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I'm afraid I think I misunderstood here. The price I mentioned is our COST price and not our wholesale price. For now we have decided to sell the shirts solely through the website. That's the reason why they are priced so competitively, to encourage people to buy through the website.

I'm guessing you're a supplier, hence the 21 shirts? Apologies for the misunderstanding, my mistake.

Another reason for the pricing is to discourage people from trying to replicate our shirts. It was not at all easy to find a manufacturer who didn't tell us it was "impossible", so if somebody does find one, it's going to be really difficult to price their products below ours.

Let me know if you're still interested in any shirts. We could probably work something out, but with our price already low, it's difficult to drop it any further.
    Good luck with your venture. Nice idea and nice site. Think you should have looked at the retail side, but good luck all the same.

11. Thanks given for this post:

Mark Atkinson (15-Aug-10)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast