people you need to negotiate the rate at the point where you are told you need an operation...not when you are lying on the bed with no underwear on and scared out of your wits...because they might do something wrong if you argue.

i have found this to be an extremely embarrassing situation...

while waiting in a hospital to do theatre inspections i was listening to the poor patients trying to negotiate the rates with these people it is absolutley appauling that you have to do this.

they charge from R1800.00 and up for a couple of minutes work.

and to top it all if you wake up on the operating table like i did...i should be able to sue the clothes off his back....this is why i believe they should have cameras in the theatres for patient protection...the horrific experience i had to endue while awake...will haunt me for the rest of my life...it was the worst nightmare i have ever had...only difference it was real.

i managed to get off the operating table but my arm was strapped onto the table so they pushed me against the bed and gave 3 injection to try knock me out...i heard the one sister tell the person who was injecting me that they could not give me any more it would kill me...

my point is...dont leave it till the last minute...if you need to negotiate do it well in advance...abd get it in writting.