Thread: games for windows : Live

Thanks

games for windows : Live

what has everyone's experiences been with this? I got batman :arkham asylum as a birthday present yesterday, and I must say it doesn't feel very intrusive like steam can. plus it let's YOU choose when to update. the achievements system is pretty awesome too (I have a feeling the points are going to be what pays for my fallout DLC =P). it feels like I'm being rewarded for playing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    batman :arkham asylum How is the game? I am still waiting for prices to drop

Selecting your updates sounds like a dream come true, Steam I hope will go broke soon, because there are spoiling all my fun with their heavy downloads and constant updating. They are like drug dealers, once you buy a game you are hooked on their constant update BS.

I only hope that Diablo 3 “if it ever gets finished” will have nothing to do with Steam. Steam at this point is a real fun buster. Killing good games like Supreme Commander 2 “may it rest in peace”.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    the scariest thing is all of these constant connection games. if your line drops, your time is wasted... on that topic, BTgames is selling battlefield bad company 2 at half price until the end of the weekend www.btgames.co.za so give it a look. I got my copy of bioshock for 199 bucks where everyone else is still trying to rip the ring at 300-400.
    I haven't bought a game that requires steam since I got left for dead 2. if there's a game I want that uses steam, I'm sure you can guess what I do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Got my hands on an original FEAR for next to nothing. First time I play this type of game but it was real fun but the storyline is a bit “not my style” But I love cheap scares and for that the game had one or two “unlike the suffering” also got it for next to nothing” that offers a strange point of view towards debatable aspects.

To put it bluntly “I love a good storyline and freedom in a game” This is why I say Fallout 3 is the pest game ever made. EVE online is also like that, you can do whatever but EVE online is simply not sustainable at the moment...

All of this said; I will get my hands on Batman Arkham Asylum it looks like fun...

If I desperately want a game that is made by steam I will bite the bullet but I will be damned if I am to support them.

Left 4 Dead 2 was a proper zombie shooter
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    I've always found that there needs to be a certain level of linear gameplay to give you direction. I struggled with GTA: san andreas because what I was meant to do is "escape place X" now I did that rather successfully, but then where should I go from there? there didn't seem to be any real way of knowing... I ran around in oblivion trying to find some sort of meaning to my life and ended up just killing stuff before I found some quests. I didn't know whether or not they were important or not, I just did them.

fallout 3 has been the exception, because it actually tells you the first place you need to go. it gives you a linear storyline that you can follow, or you can head off on your way elsewhere. but you can always return to that storyline. batman is very similar. you can go anywhere as long as it isn't blocked off.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As it is, I find games with fixed missions boring especially babysitting missions. Vampire the masquerade bloodlines also had interesting side missions and I loved the way the families were structured. It also had its cheep scares that I enjoyed.

Yes the game had its glitches but you are forgiven to think that it feels like Fallout3 in some instances. I am heartbroken that a follow-up was never made. Still Fallout 3 took me back to Vampire the masquerade “bloodlines” when I ran into “the family” with the Blood Ties quest.

When you look at Prototype “also a brilliant game” I get the feeling that gaming is entering its next level of virtual freedom. Imagine a completely interactive city with the freedoms we have mentioned here. It will be nothing short of being epic.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    there are many games out there that have done free-roaming right, and many that have done it wrong. I agree with you, vampire the masquerade was legendary. There's a reason why you feel there's a link.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troika_Games

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It was actually an interesting reed, and the fact that Prototype was also mentioned makes one wonder how creative the original team was. Still vampire the masquerade was so far ahead of its time. But with the success of GTA that gives you almost a fully interactive playground I cannot help but wonder if "they" might consider resurrecting vampire the masquerade.

Painkiller comes to mind but only just, you have to love some of the stages, it looks really nice. Clive Barker’s Undying was much better then Jericho. Undying felt good and scary Jericho felt fake, but the storyline was interesting. Constantine the game lack that freedom that we wanted in a role playing game and face it, it had brilliant potential for that freedom aspect.

I do however think the game players started to recognize the freedom element and I think it’s important, because it pushes the industry to give us that “experience”.
    peace is a state of mind