Hi,

A disciplinary hearing was scheduled on 03 June 2010. There were numerous charges relating to "misrepresentation and dishonesty" taken from e-mails and SMS's obtained unlawfully by my employer.

Upon arriving at the disciplinary, I observed that a lawyer was leading evidence on behalf of the company. At that point, I requested that I have legal representation at the internal enquiry. The presiding officer granted this request, and the disciplinary was adjourned.

Earlier this week, I received an amended disciplinary notification indicating the date at which the disciplinary would continue and that a charge was "inadvertently" omitted in the first notification. The charge is "theft of company property/information/formulations".

I find this quite suspicious as had I not requested representation, the disciplinary would have continued without the added charge. Furthermore, how does one inadvertently omit such a charge (as it is a very serious allegation) when a lawyer would have been properly prepared by the Company?

Lastly, I am a whistleblower and the evidence that is being used by the Company was obtained unlawfully -- my personal laptop (yes, personal) and mobile phones (personal again) were confiscated under a non-existent company policy (despite me indicating this was an invasion of privacy) and print outs were then made and other staff were allowed to read these and look at information on my personal laptop. The company has held these items since 06 May 2010 and have not returned these to date as they claim they do not have clarity on "pending criminal charges" against me. The police indicates that it is a civil matter and that they cannot intervene.

What are your thoughts on this?