As we all know there are some things that are essential to any office. The humble UPS “uninterrupted power supply” is arguably one of the more important items on your list. I can only assume that all of us had something to say when the power goes out and you didn’t save that important document!

Thankfully the UPS gives us that 10 minutes to save and shutdown the system properly. Well last week Friday my UPS popped and gave up the “smoke” meaning it is gone for good. So on Monday morning I walked over to a computer store and ordered a new UPS and was promised next day delivery.

Well it is the day after the “next day” and I had to do all the phoning around and trying to figure out if the damn thing is delivered or not. To my dismay, they haven’t delivered the damn thing but I was asked to pay in full! Or they wouldn’t order it for me. Now the price was really “not bad” for the size of UPS in question but again no delivery and sad stories.

Now I ask you; if I am to take action to get my money back am I the scoundrel here? The reason why I ask this is... Every time I do this “demand my money back” the shop owners get angry at me and then I am prohibited from entering the shop or some dumb sh!t like that...

And just as an afterthought, the excuse is “it was not delivered and they only get stock once a week” They “the shop” continued to rule out the fact that I already paid for the damn thing...

So in short what would you do? OR OR