Thread: Dismissed!!!!

Thanks

Dismissed!!!!

Hi all

I was currently Dismissed to be spesific 18 May 2010. I appealed the appeal hearing is taking place on 10 June 2010. I currently have not been paid a cent by the company as they are claiming that all monies are on hold because of dismissal and will depend on outcome of final appeal hearing.

Can they do this? I also with my appeal request, asked for the minutes of the disciplinary hearing including the findings and outcome with mitigating and aggrivating circumstances which was also ignored. I only received the findings on the day which the chairperson arrived with at the hearing typed up nothing was altered which mean that .

THNKS

Thanks

Thumbs down I would like some advice or replies please

Hi there if somebody has read my posting please reply with your comments please. I have a couple more questions as well:

1) Who needs to sit in the disciplanary inquiry.
    2) What should the findings look like, can the chairperson ask questions and make assumptions and allegations in his findings?

Thanks
    L

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On being paid - it might be an idea to read this thread on unpaid salaries. Forcing payment isn't exactly an instant process.

What makes your situation interesting is you are getting an appeal hearing. An appeal hearing is not automatic. You have to raise an issue that wasn't covered in the original enquiry and could have had a material effect on the findings, or have raised some aspect of unfair handling in the disciplinary process, otherwise you would not be getting an appeal hearing.

I probably should also point out that you have been dismissed, not suspended. If your appeal fails, the effective date of the dismissal will be 18 May and right now you're not on the clock. If your appeal succeeds... well, get there first mate.

And good luck.
    Last edited by Dave A; 09-Jun-10 at 01:34 PM.