Thread: womens ear torn off by dogs

Suspended
    Thanks

womens ear torn off by dogs

well were do i start...

my first question would be why was she(domestic worker)on the property to begin with...visiting owners domestic worker?

there a vicious dogs in the yard why did she enter?

problem is if the owner had a sign warning people about his vicious dogs he is in for a long haul...you cannot have a sign on your gate to warn people of vicious dogs because it is used against you in a court of law...the question will be why do you own vicious dogs...imagine trying to explain to a judge...the country that you live is rated as one of the most violent places in the world...and i am concerned for the safety of my family...considering that my constitutional right as a citerzion of SA to live in a safe enviroment cannot be upheld because the police in this country cannot control the crime...and my firearm has been taken away...etc etc

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I keep my gates locked at ALL times I have warnings that my animal a bull-terrier is extremely dangerous so if you climb the fence and you get into my yard and my dog have you for lunch it did its job the end.

When I get visitors the dog is secured at the back of the yard and I allow the visitors to enter. As for having a really angry pet well firstly the dog is there for my protection. If you entered my yard unannounced and climb the fence then you are an intruder and that is the end of it. I don’t care if you are my brother or good friend. If you climbed the fence you are on your own.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    if i were you i would look into the law with regards to an angry dog sign on you gate...i have taken mine off...because my dogs are really angry with the public...the people walk along the road and throw things at them or the kids run sticks along the gate and fence to get them angry....the other day without them knowing i opened the gate for them...you should have seen them run...it was rather entertaining

my mates pitbulls got out a couple of months ago and the first thing he was told...remove the angry dog signs.

he gets broken into while in JHB for a couple days on bussiness...why because his dogs got out and munched the neighbour...so he got wise and put a fence up along the side of his house to keep the dogs at the back when he opens the gate...the loving folk of this country see him do this so when he is out of town...they lure the dog to the back of the house with meat then close the gate and clean out his house...thats why itas a bad idea to block off the dogs passage round the house...
    then 2 weeks later he gets a call to say his gates are open while no one is home...dogs get out and to put it lightly the dogs manged to get hold of all the people who tease them...R42 000 later in hospital bills and a law suit against him to a couple of million...the moral of the story dont let anyone know the dogs are your if they get out

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    if i were you i would look into the law with regards to an angry dog sign on you gate...i have taken mine off...because my dogs are really angry with the public...the people walk along the road and throw things at them or the kids run sticks along the gate and fence to get them angry....the other day without them knowing i opened the gate for them...you should have seen them run...it was rather entertaining

my mates pitbulls got out a couple of months ago and the first thing he was told...remove the angry dog signs.

he gets broken into while in JHB for a couple days on bussiness...why because his dogs got out and munched the neighbour...so he got wise and put a fence up along the side of his house to keep the dogs at the back when he opens the gate...the loving folk of this country see him do this so when he is out of town...they lure the dog to the back of the house with meat then close the gate and clean out his house...thats why itas a bad idea to block off the dogs passage round the house...
    then 2 weeks later he gets a call to say his gates are open while no one is home...dogs get out and to put it lightly the dogs manged to get hold of all the people who tease them...R42 000 later in hospital bills and a law suit against him to a couple of million...the moral of the story dont let anyone know the dogs are your if they get out
    The truth is people don’t care if the animal is tormented that’s why I have CCTV with a recorder. I have videos of people coming up to my gate and teasing my dog. I keep those videos so if my dog gets out oneday I can put it in my defence that it was a setup and that these people planed to steal form me and the people that got hurt got hurt because they teased my animal into anger.

I also have a few other systems emplace but I rather not mention them. The point is my property including my animal is well protected. Now I am not saying nothing can happen. I already lost a car tanks to criminals so I am trying to prevent that from happening. To that end I had to become inventive.

If your gates where cut open and your dog bit that person chances are it is a setup to sue you and I will not put it pass anybody to do just that. So I recommend CCTV with recorder they are not that expensive.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    The truth is people don’t care if the animal is tormented that’s why I have CCTV with a recorder. I have videos of people coming up to my gate and teasing my dog. I keep those videos so if my dog gets out oneday I can put it in my defence that it was a setup and that these people planed to steal form me and the people that got hurt got hurt because they teased my animal into anger.

I also have a few other systems emplace but I rather not mention them. The point is my property including my animal is well protected. Now I am not saying nothing can happen. I already lost a car tanks to criminals so I am trying to prevent that from happening. To that end I had to become inventive.

If your gates where cut open and your dog bit that person chances are it is a setup to sue you and I will not put it pass anybody to do just that. So I recommend CCTV with recorder they are not that expensive.
    Cameras, cameras and more cameras. Mine are fake, but deter just as they should. No criminal will take a chance with cameras.

Since digital, all camera shops have piles of old film SLR lenses that they will never again use. I got five old lenses for free and riveted them into a tin box with a perspex front. Now I got three cameras up on my home and I gave one each to two of my neighbors. They are attached to the walls under the outside lights for visibility.

All camera shops have useless old whole cameras too that they will give away for free. these would require even less modification. Just stick a wire to the back. Seriously, just ask and you will get free old cameras.

Of course if I could have real ones that connect to my pc/phone that would be super.

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (27-May-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I got my system from the hardware store. The set I got cost me R900 and it can connect to an old VCR that you can still record with. But a simple “PCI TV Card” can record and if you set it up correctly a simple 80GB HDD can record up to 20+ hours “if the compression is set up correctly” yes the resolution IS small but you don’t need much to start with. Build up a scrappy Piii to do all the recording and it works...

And you need only to backup the bits that you need like people teasing your dog messing with your locks that kind of thing. But yes they do scare people away from messing with your stuff. Now I am not saying it is the best way but for now it works.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    i dont know who told you you wont get robbed with cameras....one of my customers where broken into at 4 in the morning cleaned out and they have a camera system in place which was fitted by a company costing over R100 000.00

you cannot get to the building without one of the 80 cameras installed on site seeing you...somehow the 2 hours they spent robbing the building has not record of anyone entering the building or approuching the building.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i dont know who told you you wont get robbed with cameras....one of my customers where broken into at 4 in the morning cleaned out and they have a camera system in place which was fitted by a company costing over R100 000.00

you cannot get to the building without one of the 80 cameras installed on site seeing you...somehow the 2 hours they spent robbing the building has not record of anyone entering the building or approuching the building.
    Ad that does not sound a little bit suspect to you? Somebody was familiar with the system perhaps, like a Security guard?

Suspended
    Thanks
    there is a lot more to the story...but i just wanted to point out cameras are not a solution...just like dogs...burgler gaurds...security gaurds etc they are merly means to hopefully slow them down...while the armed response takes a half an hour to get there...and if no one is murdered you might be lucky to see the saps there that week...in some rare cases they get there before the armed response...mmm... but thas another whole story

by the way another almost 100 firearms have gone missing from a police station in durban...they suspect the officer on duty and the clerk it a joke.