Thread: Qualification/training enquiry

Thanks

Qualification/training enquiry

I have received this query via the Contact Us link.

Good Day,
    I have done numerous courses such as:
    Management Diploma in Security Management - UNISA Project Management
    – CSSA certified Senior Management Development Program – University of Stellenbosch
    And various in house courses such as:
    Programming; System Analysis; Data modelling; Negotiation skills; Presentation Skills etc
    Sometime last year a SETA member informed me that I can get certified by SETA that my qualifications\education conform to a certain level of qualifications\education (such as level 1 to 8)
    I intend doing a MBA through an accredited distance learning institution in the UK and an accreditation\certification in this regard can assist with my application.

I would like to get more info into the accreditation\certification process.
    Thanks
    Anyone got the answers?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sometime last year a SETA member informed me that I can get certified by SETA that my qualifications\education conform to a certain level of qualifications\education (such as level 1 to 8)
    This is a process know as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

By my understanding, you will have to submit a Portfolio of Evidence - essentially a CV along with copies of all certificates and qualifications achieved to date. This will then be assessed by an assessor accredited with the relevant SETA and essentially converted into competencies under the new National Qualifications Framework.

You will have to contact the relevant SETA to make arrangements. They should, in theory anyway, be able to direct you to an accredited assesor competent to carry out the assessment. Hopefully you'll be dealing with a SETA that has its RPL process in place. We have a directory of SETA contacts here.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.