Thread: insurance policies

Suspended
    Thanks

insurance policies

people please beware of life insurance companies and brokers...liberty life have just paid out a couple of million on a policy for a death of a husband after stretching it and streching it...trying all sorts of tactics to get out of paying.

what the poor women had to go through to get her money is sad...and the only reason she got paid out was because she went to an advocate who will now also be asssiting her with claims of harrassment...and hopefully expose liberty life for the way she was treated.

she was been called into the police staion and harrassed and bullied by 5 police officers...threatened with all sorts of cr*p...being told that her husband was running scams in other african countries etc...she ended up in hospital from the trauma...is this how liberty life treat all policy holders when it is time to pay out...when you are down and out battling to live...waiting for months for a pay out after the death of your husband

my advice...before you take out policies...make sure you can afford a good lawyer and set aside enough money to cover the legal battle with the insurance company when it is time to claim...and make sure you can afford to live for at least 2 years before you get your payout.

who can afford millionare club...where do you think they get their money from??? building all the shopping centres malls etc around the counry...they alway tell you it is long term that pays...yeah right...when it comes to payout time...there is always a clause or a market crash or some excuse why you dont get the amount they promise....the thing that burns my butt the most is they use your family to sell the policy...but shame what about your wife if you die and what will happen to your children etc etc...

there is another case going on with a different policy...these people have been waiting for almost a year now and the excuse...they are tying up some loose ends....what they are doig is stalling as long as they can earning interest...and who knows maybe they will find an ecuse not to pay out...it is also for a couple million.

how do you know when a life insurance broker is lying ...when the %^&*er opens his mouth.

and i am gona say this again because this was the reason for them not paying me out...after my accident "WHATCH OUT FOR LIFE COVER ON ALL YOUR POLICIES THIS IS THE HIGHEST GAIN FOR A BROKER...AND CHEWS UP ALL THE OTHER POLICIES THE LONG THEY TAKE TO PAY OUT...YOU ONLY NEED 1 LIFE POLICY TO COVER ALL THE POLICIES

Email problem
    Thanks
    Mr Murdock
    you are absolutely correct . There is an ombuds man that is able to assist in this matters. make sure that you scrutinize your financial plan . Policies are there to cover your loved ones if you are no longer there , right . So instead of exposing the Life company why not expose the broker as he is the one who needs to assist in all aspects of the plan . Also understand that most people do not like to divulge all info to their financial advisors ... How can we improve this ? Adiel Integricall Insurance Brokers 011 8692200

Suspended
    Thanks
    the broker didnt get the women to go to the police station to be interrogated.

i was the one who got shafted by the broker...with each one of my policies having life cover...for max gain by the broker...the other broker who changed my policy after 12 years...after asking him not to change anything on my old exsisting policy...if i had not been crippled from the accident i would never have known that he had somehow put the old policy into the new policy and was only due to pay out when the new policy matured in 2025....the old policy would have been 29 years old already.

i might be making a big mistake not having policies but from personal experiences...i would rather not take chance and find other forms of investment.

Email problem
    Thanks
    It seems like everytime in the insurance industry legislation has to make up for what is currently transpiring . People please understand that when you sit down with your broker have stuff done in writing . Money drives people to do insane things however when you up against the wall reffer to another broker that has intention to assist .Also any changes done on any policy allows a 30 day cooling off period before acceptance. Your record of Advice received from the broker should be evidence enough that you have received the correct advice you required ... if not you are being taken for a ride.
    Last edited by Dave A; 02-Jun-10 at 10:05 PM.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (02-Jun-10)