Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't accept any R200 notes

Thanks
    In SE Asia, the vendors use a specal marking pen which shows up black if the note is counterfeit. Some also use ?UV? scanners.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Go to the Reserve Bank website and click on Posters and the R200 TV Advert. I downloaded the first link and printed out the A3 poster and have it on the wall. One of the easiest things to check is the micro printing in top right of the notes. I have an 8 times magnifying glass we use to check printing and you can see the micro printing. One other thing is check the diamonds on the bottom of the note all the new series have these. 1 diamond for the 10 2 for the 20 3 for the fifty 4 for the 100 and 5 for the 200. The old series don't have that and that is the 200 note they are withdrawing.
    You can't refuse to accept the new notes so just make sure you check carefully even if it slows down the process.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks

Bank's exchange policy

It seems that the banks are not all on the same page with the exchange policy of the R200 notes.

We tried to hand in a lot on Thursday and the following happened.
    FNB: They said they will only accepts R1000 worth per day. But we can deposit as much as we want into our account and it will be settled.??? what is thye difference then? Why would I have them with me? Because I dont want to have that money in my account!

Nedbank: They will only take notes signed by Chris Stals and that have "Suid Afrikaanse Reseve Bank" in front and the serial number at the bank. They said to us all the other notes are fine even after 31 May. We asked what happens if the businesses wont accept after 31 May (which they wont). The teller (behind 3 inch glass said) just bring those guys to me and I will help you.

IDK, going with the flow for now

Good luck

Stefan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helpwithdebt View Post
    FNB: They said they will only accepts R1000 worth per day. But we can deposit as much as we want into our account and it will be settled.??? what is thye difference then?
    The cash deposit fee might have something to do with that

Thanks

Cash deposit fee

Hi Dave

That was our thinking as well. But if you weigh the cash on hand in "funny" R200's with the time left to hand them in vs losing all the banking fees and driving from Limpopo to the Reserve bank (as we dont have an office here) it is better to just pay the charges.

Bank vs us = banks win with a unanimous verdict.

LOL. While i am maoning, I see there is something about the internet..... let me go there

Enjoy

Stefan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.