Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of links.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

List of links.

Every now and then we get someone join the forum and make one post - a list of links.

No "Hello, how are you, nice weather we're having. I see you folks are interested in business matters. Perhaps you might be interested in my business / Here's how I can help you...."

Most of these relate to the birds and the bees and male performance enhancements, which I have serious doubts as to how they might enhance your understanding of business. But I've just had one to do with education. No story. Just a list of links to colleges in the USA. Maybe they've got us confused with a directory.

As members, do you want something like that? Maybe I need to open a spam forum. It would have to be in the members area to keep the public area on topic. And then if you ever get an urge....

Anyway, your thoughts on the matter are invited.

Thanks
    That just sounds like typical degree online spam. I don't see value in such an area....most people can get it directly from their inbox
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Dave

I get this too - it looks like it is an automated thing from the states somewhere. They also start the post with I agree, Nice post or something like that and then go straight into their links. I am trying to find a way to block this, you and I use different forum software!
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    I am trying to find a way to block this, you and I use different forum software!
    The pleasures of vB
    Have you looked around The Admin Zone? There could be a hack there that might help.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Nope I am about as literate as a mongoose on these things - my IT gurus need to get to it and it is priority number 11 hundred on their list right now, so I am currently still moderating manually................any ideas how I can bribe them?
    Regards

Debbie

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Silver Member
    Thanks
    you could use a company that has the skills and focuses on service.

Dont deal with ppl that make you wait excessive times.

Thats just silly
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly, Debbie and her main IT guru are kinda close
    Not that easy to fire.

Debbie, if you browse anyway and find something you like, at least you'll have done the research. It's just like using a forum. Then a little of that charm....

Oh yes, and here's another link to try - our Google result for "phpBB spam filter". Sorry, I've just to leave you with at least a little bit of work to do.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Snoopy! You couldn't have known but my IT Guru(s) as Dave has said are both very close to me and are now ganging up on me.......my partner and 16 year old son! Son did most of website (www.stafftraining.co.za and his own site is www.metalmusic.co.za),I still need to get him through matric.

So our average conversation goes like this:

Mom: Hey kid - schoolwork first but I need you to give me solutions to xyz problems on forum.

Kid: Okay mom - schoolwork not a problem as .....I go to school?........oh yes....but I want to redo metalmusic, other new exciting projects I am working on, show my friends this cool new invention, go to rugby practise, build my entire universe, right after I have slept until 12h00 on Saturday and spent the rest of the day looking for food, food and more food. THUS I can fit this in .....ummmm, let's see...............in 3 weeks time on Tuesday!

Mom:

Kid: I don't understand why you fly off the handle at everything!

So Snoopy - what was that you said about getting rid of them again? *wanders off scratching head, thinking snoopy's advice goooooood!!**
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    So Snoopy - what was that you said about getting rid of them again? *wanders off scratching head, thinking snoopy's advice goooooood!!**
    Well that kind of charm might work too

Silver Member
    Thanks
    hehehe.

I tend to be a direct approch person

Debbie why dont you join up with dave? I mean it would take the trouble out of the game for you and you would still have your own thing?

That way you get the benefit of his expertise ('_') and the ability to work closely with his forum as well..... only positives as far as i can see.... may be a good idea to talk to him about it.... that way you can bypass your "it person" and use someone that gets things done sooner

Later

O ps..... your forum is extremely unsecure.... not the best picture of your business. soz to be the bearer of bad news but its simpl to hack it.
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast