Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of links.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Snoopy

Tx, we are moving it to a secure area shortly, it is at this stage the least important part of the whole site, but as the numbers increase this will change.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting about teaming up with Dave - our focus is completely different?
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Silver Member
    Thanks
    what im trying to say is that you could have a section on the site for your stuff here at theforumsa.co.za

That way you could benefit from the members here as well as get more traffic to your place.
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Interesting twist in this thread. And a bit tricky as to what I should say.

The original decision to use vBulletin here was because it seemed best equipped to deal with the vagaries of an open-to-the-internet forum. It's taken some serious modifications to get it to its current technical level, but there was a very solid platform, particularly when compared to other bulletin board applications. At a security level there is a massive gulf between phpBB and vBulletin. Essentially, phpBB seems well suited for an in-house bulletin board behind a firewall, but not quite as suitable for the sometimes rough world of the open internet.

One of my ideas from the outset was that The Forum SA could be a secure forum resource for a number of organisations (and it is). It was a major factor behind the name. Which means technically the capacity exists to cover Debbie's needs.

However, I also understand and respect the desire by a company in particular to have their company's promotional forum on their own site with their own URL.

It comes down to your position on outsourcing and utilising shared resources. Some people want total and exclusive control and I can totally understand that.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    You look pretty great dancing on eggs Dave and SO good at it too!

The vision is to move to the secure area of www.stafftraining.co.za and to do a whole lot of other things too! Not for public consumption at this time, so yup whilst we are aware of the vulnerability I remain an eternal optimist and hope that those who choose to spam and hack find more exciting and busier forums to do so on!
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    You look pretty great dancing on eggs Dave and SO good at it too!
    Empathy, practice and lots of broken eggs

Silver Member
    Thanks
    /me keeps throwing eggs at dave
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12