Thread: POS\Stock Control Software

Platinum Member
    Thanks

POS\Stock Control Software

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any free good unser friendly POS\Stock control software?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Thanks
    Have a look at www.inflowinventory.com - Free version has some restrictions ( 100 products) but it is really quite sweet and very configurable. Very little support required and when you do, reply is personal and knowledgable.
    Last edited by Dave A; 20-May-10 at 03:40 PM.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Thanks

Email problem
    Thanks
    Have a look at OpenBravo www.openbravo.com/product/pos/
    It is an open source product. Download it and take it for a spin.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hello -
    Most POS systems are rather expensive and I gather you are looking at a fast food outlet, but not sure on the volumne anticipated.
    Your single MOST important step is to have a way to ring up orders, get a report on items sold and obviously cash balance. Add to this the ability to prevent voiding and opening the till.
    The actual element of stock control -
    POS with recipes seldom work. They are a great idea but I have seen few establishments manage to work them properly.

Stock control also boils down to daily management and human beings.
    For most of my restaurants I have a daily count on ALL liquor and my main line items, example meat, fish, chicken, cheese etc. teh rest of stock control revolves around lock everything. if a manager gives the key to anyone or a store is open with out a manager present FIRE them for negligience. (Locked stores will save you 3-5% in food cost a month) This controls your front line stock and is done daily. I also control bulk stock(booze and main items) on a weekly basis (this is in effect a control on the managers - do this yourself or random check)
    I also use quick books to do my other stock control. Items are captured per invoice and I get a food cost per department (chicken, meat, softs, wine etc)
    and I can go to my sales anytime and compare to usage. You can also get a POS version of quickbooks, which I have not used myself.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Dependant on number of stock items. Do you want it in a retail environment. If so which industry? Are you planning on using an integrated cash drawer, a pole display, touch screen, bar code scanner? Answer some of these questions and forum members will be in a better position to recommend software/hardware.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Yes sterne it is for a fast food store. Very important thing you brough up, voiding and opening the till !!! For me i would like to have full control in those regards, not sure how though.

I currently have a Casio TE2400 which i feel is not sufficient for what i am trying to do and too labour intensive if i need to make any modifications to the programming in terms of prices or new products.

I am looking for a completely new solution that can be easily programmed if i need to on my own, that can do some good reports and handle stock control of probally not more than 100 items, can also be expanded to link with another POS if i have more than 1 cashier etc... and yes it must be as cost effective as possible