Thread: Network middleware and capacity

Thanks

Network middleware and capacity

Hi guys,i need help to show how a network is set up,the network has 3 pcs connected to a switch usining a star topology.Im almost done with the task,the problem im having is with the middleware and the capacity of the network.What exactly does middleware refer to and how do i determine the different types of middleware that will be used.Also how do i specify the capacity of the network.Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Email problem
    Thanks
    To determine the capacity of your network would be as easy as to take the slowest component in your network. If you have network cards that can only communicate over 10Mb networks, that would be your network capacity. If all your netoworking components can communicate over 1Gb networks and your switch can only do 100Mb, that would be your capacity. Keep in mind that Mb (megabits) and MB (megabytes are two different things. So if someone is looking for capacity in Megabytes, you would have to divide your network speed by 8 to get an accurate measure.

On the middleware side, it will most likely be TCP/IP. (Middleware is the layer that is being used for hardware to communicate with your network). So if this is for a project, you can describe if you are using static or DHCP IP addresses etc.

Hope it helps

3. Thanks given for this post:

fisheagle (14-May-10)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.