Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZUMA - you egotistical whimp

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

ZUMA - you egotistical whimp

So the malema hearing is over. End result, all charges ignored so long as he pleaded guilty and said sorry to the charge of belittling Zuma or syaing he was worse than Mbeki.
    So as long as I get an apology and my ego restored do not worry about defiance and singing the song, chasing journalists and insulting them etc, etc
    WHAT A LEADER - no wonder the women flock to him
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks

Zim

I guess it is because Zim is the ANC's role model. That is what they strive for and that is why they do not see anything wrong with what comrade Malema is doing.
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the disciplinary committee was only too happy to get a compromise settlement rather than a showdown on the issues. This way they kept the Numzaan happy, didn't step on any toes that count, and didn't concede anything to anyone outside the party.

A very satisfactory safe outcome.

Thanks

Zuma

I see Zuma suffers the same "no problem" condition as Mbeki, where Mbeki said crime was no problem, Zuma says housing is no problem and the backlog has been wiped out while there is still a backlog of about 2.5 million houses.

I am sure in their own little glass palaces nothing sees to be a problem because they make sure they live like kings while their brothers in the squatter camps live like sh$% while worshiping the ANC elite

5. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (15-May-10)

Thanks
    What you must remember is that Zuma has a built in shower on his head and this washes all the problems away. Conversely it is very difficult to see CLEARLY through dirty and muddy water.
    Butch Hannan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    An interesting view on the matter by Pierre de Vos.

Ultimately it highlights why we need an independant judiciary which will act without fear or favour. We obviously can't rely on the mechanisms within the ANC to do the job of pursuing justice.

It also got me thinking about the aspirations of COSATU, particularly Vavi, when I followed this link posted in the comments. Vavi no doubt thinks he is doing the right thing in getting capitalist ownership and management replaced with worker ownership and management. But ultimately all you are doing is removing yet another check that helps bring balance.

There needs to be seperate forces in play to find balance - the political parties, the judiciary, the employers and the employed.

Vavi may trust his own ability to resist the temptations of too much unfettered power, but can he guarantee the same of his successors? And if they don't have his moral sense of fair play, what mechanisms will he have left for his precious workers to fix the problem?
    Last edited by Dave A; 18-May-10 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    What needs to happen is for Zuma to do the patriotic thing and insist on his day in court on corruption charges. I know this is only a pipe dream but what a helluva example for the nation for him to appear in court and face and accept the consequences whatever they may be. I wonder how many of his comrades would be prepared to follow!!

Maybe they could open Robbin Island again. What a tourist attraction- come see all the people of South Africa under one roof that have been convicted of bribery and corruption!!

Unfortunately it would be far too small.

Butch Hannan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time to face the facts we need real help in dealing with the many problems within government. Now would it be too much to ask the UN to send an investigative team to us to do just that? Will there views and findings not help us?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    If the UN stepped in, the most they could do is whine in the politicians ears, or get someone with military power to come blow the sheets out of us.

Thanks

Un

My personal view is that the Un is as pathetic as the rest of the crew. They could not even do anything with the Zim situation (or did not want to) untill the whole country was down the dumbs AND the situation is still as rotten as it was. What are these orginizations there for in the first place? Just to talk and do nothing, sounds like our government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast