Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Locating heat-pump distributors, importers, sales in SA

Suspended
    Thanks
    i am aware of that....which is one of reasons why it is advisable to do a load survey and energy audit etc before spending R100 000 on a PFC control for big industrial insatllations...it is not always the answers...it all depends on the company tarrif structure...sometime just changing the tarrif structure helps reduce the electricity account...but thats a whole different ball game.

but saying that V X I = watts 230 X 10 = 2300 watts /1000 = 2.3 kw

if the equipment is made 20 % more efficient you drop the amps to 8 amps

230 X 8 = 1840 /1000 = 1.84 kw you are saving electricity.

you just dont get penalised for bad power factor in this country YET.

i have a feeling things are going to be changing in this country as more pressure is put on eskom and demand becomes greater

i am considering carrying out an energy audit on my own house to see where and how i can cut my electricity bill...by doing load profiles before and after recordings and looking at every electrical component in my house to see how i can reduce the electricity account...i have a recorder connected to my workshop to see how much power we are using...my lights in the workshop for example are costing me R139.2
    per month to use.

how i worked this out

i have 10 of 5 ft double fittings

58 watts x 2 each =116 watts per fitting

on for 10 hours a day for 20 days a month

116 watts x 10 fittings x 10 hrs x 20 days = 232000 watts /1000 = 232 kw

232 kw X 0.60 per/kw = R139.20 per month

our first step in saving...we have fitted a 2 lever switch which switches on every second light...so now depending on the type of work we onlt switch on every second light...which will cut back bill by at least 20 - 30 %....this is just the first step...my goal is to get my electricity account back to an account of R250 per month....without having to spend R50 000 to achieve it and R2000 a month to maintain it...if i cant achieve this then i will hammer a spike into the ground so that it blows the fuse on the pole cut the cable do a joint in the ground and tee off the workshop before the meter then close everything up and call them to replace the fuse...saving electricity at a minimul cost...if they want to turn us into thieves by ripping the butt out of things then they must expect things like this to happen.

now beside all the free electrcity...huge bonuses...they are selling electricity for less than it cost to generate....which means you and i the suckers pay the bill

if i find out more kak like this i am gona come up with better and easier ways to bypass your electricty meter...without being caught...like clamping a bridge just under the meter between the 2 red wires...you dont break the seal just slow down the useage.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    IOPSA.co.za should list all the sppliers to the plumbing industry!
    There should be the equivalant in the electrical industry?
    Thanks very much, wynn. Excellent.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks

want to buy heat pumps for my family

oops..,i have posted a message to another place.
    here i want to say:
    i know a little bit of heat pump.i want to buy some for myself and my neighbors.who can give some points about brand and price.
    my email dominick.tau@gmail.com .
    thanks
    baruti

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I suspect you'll be looking for plumbing wholesalers in the main. Maybe electrical wholesalers too?
    Refrigeration wholesalers too. I got some info on heatpump geysers from Metraclark in Cape Town. They have 150, 200 and 250 lkiter I think. They are basically a refrigeration unit with a heat exchanger in the cylinder. They also have an electrical element for faster recover under high consumption so they're actually a hybrid.

Suspended
    Thanks
    please give us a detailed explanation as to why i would install a heat pump rather than a solar heater...

Thanks

i want getting a explanation too

Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    please give us a detailed explanation as to why i would install a heat pump rather than a solar heater...
    i want getting an explanation too

Thanks
    Basically because the sun doesn't shine every day. Also not every building is easy to install large solar panels. A heat pump gives you a more predictable amount of hot water at any time, solar installations are not predictable in output....especially in Cape Town.

Both systems are relatively expensive to install. Even with the measly government rebate scheme, depending on their lifespan they may never save enough in electricity to warrant the outlay costs.

Suspended
    Thanks
    thats why i would need a break down and a ROI spreadsheet...including the maintenance cost per year...to justify the reason for wanting to change over...taking the increase in elctricity tarriff.

i always find the energy saving stand at the house and garden show rather interesting...it is much like the potato peelers and mat cleaning stands...an easier way of reducing the water from from your geyser is by installing a pressure reducing vavle on the pipe...without having to install of those shower heads which sting the living day lights out of you...while showering or just reduce the time you stand in the shower...soap on... soap off...

otherwise change the taps to a mixer which you can preset...water on...water off...put soap...water on...get out the shower...no thanks i enjoy my shower...which is why i will be stripping my shower soon to make it bigger and to put the taps at the door...so that i dont freeze when i try switch the water on...and dont burn the living daylight out of my arm when i try adjust the taps to the correct temp...

this is something that i can never under...why the plumbers always put the taps directly below the shower head and not to the side or opposite wall next to the door opening.

Thanks
    AAAH!! Plumbers
    I couldn't agree more.
    why do they put those stupid angle or ball arms and roses in anyway, I always retrofit a sliding bar with a hand held shower head and hose, that way I can have a full shower and the wife can adjust the height to keep the spray off her hair, also I don't have to stand on my head to rinse the soap from between my legs. Use a good quality one though.

Another gripe I have is, why do they fit the public toilet urinals so high, do they want everybody to pee on the floor?

"Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    thats why i would need a break down and a ROI spreadsheet...including the maintenance cost per year...to justify the reason for wanting to change over...taking the increase in elctricity tarriff.
    This is a tall order. Most of the units available are manufactured in the far east and relatively new on the market so nobody has a inkling of how long they'll last or what kind of maintenance might be required over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    ...also I don't have to stand on my head to rinse the soap from between my legs..
    This conjures up an interesting mental picture.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast