Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEE - who what where, and how?

Silver Member
    Thanks

BEE - who what where, and how?

Quick question......Business doing less than R5mil a year, cc, employed 1, how do you get the BEE certificate, who do you call and whats the cost +/-?
    IJS Installations
    Electrical, Residential Gas and Electric fencing.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    you are automatically exempt and are a level 4 contributor or 100% BEE compliant. Get an audited set of financials or affidavit form your accounting officer. Unfortunately you still need an accredited agency to issue the certificate, cost from R1000 - R2500.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Jacques#1 (07-Apr-10)

Thanks
    You just type up one which you and your accounting officer sign. Here is mine I got the wording from Econobee, I can't say if the wording is still valid but it works for me.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

5. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (06-Apr-10), Jacques#1 (07-Apr-10)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    .........across to your customers, who invariably still do not understand how BEE operates.

The following documents are included in your EME Document Pack

Summary BEE Policy
    EME Certificate
    EME Exemption Statement
    Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME)
    Exemption Statement to Customers Regarding Procurement

Summary of the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice as approved by cabinet in
    December 2006
    Booklet – B-BBEE and how to create a BEE Scorecard

so, it's no longer free, it costs R750.....I'm sure I'll find all the forms on the net. I believe I only need the things I made red, the rest are all info docs...will this then be good enough, especially to tender to say a minucipality....government body?
    IJS Installations

Suspended
    Thanks
    please let us know if you get awarded any goverment tenders with this type of bee status.

i found when you sub contracting to big companies who require your services they insist you have some type bee status...getting goverment or municiple tenders like washing street signs....mmm i might be wrong.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    please let us know if you get awarded any goverment tenders with this type of bee status.

i found when you sub contracting to big companies who require your services they insist you have some type bee status...getting goverment or municiple tenders like washing street signs....mmm i might be wrong.
    Why I say government, is if it passes that test, its good to go, it will pass anywhere else. Yip, I don't disagree with you.....you have to be a connection of a chana in goverment to get a tender...if you know what i mean. But larger corporations is becoming more G@tvol of the larger contractors, and they are starting to use smaller contractors, I know this because I've got a few friends working for large corporates. The main problem is the big boys gets the entire tender, if they stuff up, they stuff up the entire project. Having 20? smaller contractors sounds hectic, but reduces the risk of the project being late or incorrect. You basically manage 20 smaller sections of the project and if one is late 19 is still on time??? This is as I understand it? And yes, I will wash the street signs as some brothers of brothers in the government is doing as we speak, for R200 a streetsign, or whatever ridiculous amount they are scamming of us...
    IJS Installations

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques#1 View Post
    .........across to your customers, who invariably still do not understand how BEE operates.

The following documents are included in your EME Document Pack

Summary BEE Policy
    EME Certificate
    EME Exemption Statement
    Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME)
    Exemption Statement to Customers Regarding Procurement

Summary of the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice as approved by cabinet in
    December 2006
    Booklet – B-BBEE and how to create a BEE Scorecard

so, it's no longer free, it costs R750.....I'm sure I'll find all the forms on the net. I believe I only need the things I made red, the rest are all info docs...will this then be good enough, especially to tender to say a minucipality....government body?
    What I am asking, if I do these certificates myself, will it be legal?
    IJS Installations

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Prior to 2010 there was no LEGAL requirement for a BBBEE certificate to be verified. That meant anyone could do it. The onus was on the person doing business with you to verify your status. Thus the affidavit route for eme and start ups was acceptable. As of this year only certified/verified certificates issued by one of the 26 Verification agencies is accepted.
    This being said, however, I am not 100% certain that this certification is extended to start ups and EME enterprises.
    Also be aware with EME that your scorecard is 100% but if you have black ownership (50%) it improves to 115%
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    Prior to 2010 there was no LEGAL requirement for a BBBEE certificate to be verified. That meant anyone could do it. The onus was on the person doing business with you to verify your status. Thus the affidavit route for eme and start ups was acceptable. As of this year only certified/verified certificates issued by one of the 26 Verification agencies is accepted.
    This being said, however, I am not 100% certain that this certification is extended to start ups and EME enterprises.
    Also be aware with EME that your scorecard is 100% but if you have black ownership (50%) it improves to 115%
    okayyyyy.......so....how would i find out? I do have a start up business, regitrations, websites, advertising, initial capital layouts specifically for operation, does weigh heavy on the pocket, and I just don't have the money to spend on things like this that pops up on a daily baisi. I do try to do things myself if possible, yes, it does interfere with my main business and expertise, but I don't work at midnight, so I tend to tackle these things at that time......
    IJS Installations

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques#1 View Post
    .so, it's no longer free, it costs R750.....I'm sure I'll find all the forms on the net. I believe I only need the things I made red, the rest are all info docs...will this then be good enough, especially to tender to say a minucipality....government body?
    Jacques
    It cost me R500, they still refer to 2006 codes so mine should be valid. On my invoices I Print "We are classified as an Exempt Micro Enterprise(EME). EMEs are automatically allocated a level 4 BEE score. Any procurement from us can be claimed at the rate of 100% of any qualifying spend with us."
    Then if more is wanted I gives copies of the exemption certificate.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.