Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BEE - who what where, and how?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Jacques
    It cost me R500, they still refer to 2006 codes so mine should be valid. On my invoices I Print "We are classified as an Exempt Micro Enterprise(EME). EMEs are automatically allocated a level 4 BEE score. Any procurement from us can be claimed at the rate of 100% of any qualifying spend with us."
    Then if more is wanted I gives copies of the exemption certificate.
    Thanks, mind if i plagiarize a bit for my invoices?
    IJS Installations
    Electrical, Residential Gas and Electric fencing.

Thanks
    Jacques
    I have no problem with that.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have spoke to dept of trade and industry -
    Start ups and exempt enterprises need not get a verified certificate per se. The letter from the auditor is sufficient. So take IanF letetr and go get those tenders.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Jacques#1 (07-Apr-10)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    I have spoke to dept of trade and industry -
    Start ups and exempt enterprises need not get a verified certificate per se. The letter from the auditor is sufficient. So take IanF letetr and go get those tenders.
    Sweet, thanks cuz!!!
    IJS Installations

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    you are automatically exempt and are a level 4 contributor or 100% BEE compliant. Get an audited set of financials or affidavit form your accounting officer. Unfortunately you still need an accredited agency to issue the certificate, cost from R1000 - R2500.
    i contacted my accountant and he gave me a number of a company (one of the 24 registered ones) who handles this type of thing...for about R750 inc malemas vip protection cut they will issue you with a certificate which i valid for a year.

it might pay to get a certificate just to put on your office wall to make it look all proffessional and all then for next year just get the letter from your accountant.

thank for the info guys...if only i knew this 10 years ago when i lost all my contracts...and the one i lost a month ago for the same reason.

the contact number for the people who do it...0861505555. the lady was very helpful

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I take it you do more than 5mil than murdock? Cause Sterne says you can do it yourself, Ive alreasy finished typing mine, and sent it off to my accountant to sign. :
    IJS Installations

Suspended
    Thanks
    since i started my bussiness in 1991 till now maybe but not per year...i was thinking of getting a certificate just so it looks good in my office then every year after that get a letter from my accountant.

i think it depends on the people you are dealing with...some of the big companies i deal with would be impressed with a certificate and it could help for future contracts...just my thought on it.

i could also start sending a copy with all my quotes and invoices...make my company look more proffessional.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hey some of the certificates are really impressive!!!

Most companies are looking for the proof in order to do their calculation in the procurement element of their scorecard. Generally the person doing their certificate will approach all the suppliers to confirm the money spent with them and proof of the level, so the fancy element may not be such an issue.

When starting their are so many costs so taking the cheapest route is often best. however one may find that 100% level is not proving a competitive advantage and a better rating is required. Then budget for that each month or pay it over to the agency each month so that by the year end the cash flow is eased.

Alternatively nothing stops you in a few months from upgrading to the fancy certificate.

PS: I sometimes feel to register a company called Doctorate of Whatever - then hang that big fancy thing up and people will think i have a doctorate in whatever field I chose..ha ha
    Last edited by sterne.law@gmail.com; 07-Apr-10 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Sense of humour
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As far as I know, a previous discussion on EMEs and appropriate evidence still stands. It's only QSEs and upward that require certificates from an accredited verification agency if they want to claim a BEE status. A letter from your auditor/accountant with the correct wording does the trick for EME's.

If you really want an EME certificate, why not get one from the DTI? It works out at R285.00 as I recall. It's nothing fancy, but who would argue a certicate issued from the department itself

11. Thanks given for this post:

Jacques#1 (08-Apr-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    while filling out my bee eme declaration form...i found some small print at the bottom of the page...

"black people" includes africans...coloureds...indian...and chinese persons...who are south african citizens...by birth or by descent or who were naturalised prior to the commencement of the interim constitution in 1993.

now my question is white children born after 1994 are they classified as south afircans or are they also gona be discrimnated against like the rest of us? and why are all white south africans being discrimanted against...my children had nothing to do with appartheid...it is like saying that because juluis malema is a racist calling all whites imperialists...all blacks are raciests.

we all need to move on and unite as one country with one leader who has everyones interest at heart.

if there are farm workers being abused then the goverment needs to step in and take legal action and make sure that it is addressed in a humane manner.

there is no need to act like savages and kill each other.

i believe the majority of people in this country want a better life for "ALL" the people of this country...and it is only a few who dont who are destablising the reform process.

i also believe there is no need to be singing songs like kill the boer...just like there is no need to call black people the k word in the new south africa...imagine if all the whites starting using that word when refering to black people it would cause an uproar...we all have to sacrifice parts of our history like our old flag...road names...jobs...to make way for a united country where we can all live in peace.

you notice the first thing that went up at the memorial...the old south african flag...clearly indicating people holding onto the past...what should have happened was a new south african flag with all race groups condeming the brutal murder not chanting hero...this country has a long way to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.