Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optimist view on the future of SA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

optimist view on the future of SA

i need some help here..........becuase i dont see a bright future for this country and please dont tell me about the sun and landscape and the beutiful dams and rivers etc....i am talking politics...land reform...nationlisation of mines...levels of school education...tax relief...rates and taxes....employment...tenders...etc etc.

i need to know what is keeping you here and why.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well my point of view was and still is, if you can afford it then go to the country that wants you and forget about all of this. There is no future here, no real job opportunities no skills development program for minorities thus if you have the money make a new beginning and never ever look back.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    decided to call on a customer who had requested some info and recordings...did some recording but never heard from him again so i called him this morning to find out what had happened...he was retrencehed...a highly skilled engineer still cant find work mmm and i thought there was a shortage of skilled people in this country

at least i have something to look forward to all the replies to this thread...maybe they will change my mind about the direction of this country.

i would have a least expected a response about the world cup coming soon and then how this country is gona prosper from the world cup visitors....after the world cup to cover the costs of building the stadiums

is there anything else? as pastor oliver put it on sunday...where are the fire lighters...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well in all honesty if you feel like looking at the bright side of things I would recommend you start investigating “Micro Farming” simply because we have no more access to land doesn’t mean we cannot produce food. We can! Yes it is possible and feasible because “Micro Farming” allow you to harvest produce all year around.

There is still a lot of work to be done on the technology side of things but I feel that the future is “Micro Farming” and the technologies that will go with it.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i already have a veg garden which all my daughters food comes from...and as an added bonus strawberries seem to grow very well in the type of soil we have...so do the weeds looking at putting tyres in the garden to gow potatoes next.

Thanks
    Murdock
    Just reading this article in the times, The Chris Hani assassination was worse and the tensions even higher. The country pulled through that. The article is one of the best I have seen on this whole murder and good advice.
    For the record, no blacks engaged in wanton killing sprees of whites prior to, during or after the event in revenge for Hani's assassination.

Instead, this is what Nelson Mandela said to the nation: "Tonight, I'm reaching out to every single South African, black and white, from the very depths of my being. A white man, full of prejudice and hate, came to our country and committed a deed so foul that our whole nation now teeters on the brink of disaster.

"A white woman of Afrikaner origin risked her life so that we may know, and bring to justice, this assassin. The cold-blooded murder of Chris Hani has sent shock waves throughout the country and the world ... Now is the time for all South Africans to stand together against those who, from any quarter, wish to destroy what Chris Hani gave his life for - freedom for all of us."
    We just need leadership like this now, which I am not seeing from the ANC or the opposition parties.
    Last edited by IanF; 06-Apr-10 at 01:59 PM. Reason: correct quote
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    This stuff is scaring the pants off me, I have to tell you.

Raising the ghosts of times past.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I reckon we're in a situation where things could work out well - or could go really badly. How much of a change is that from the situation 15 or so years back? I made a decision then, and so far I haven't seen enough cause to change it.

As a nation, I think there are areas where we've slipped backwards a bit. There are areas where we have moved forward. We could have done better and we could have done much worse.

An immigrant will always be a second class citizen pretty much anywhere in the world, at least for a while. If I have to be a second class citizen, I reckon it may as well be somewhere where I really understand what makes the place tick.

For me this is home, and I'll not be giving up on my country easily.

Suspended
    Thanks
    thats is exactly the way i felt about the situation when lots of my mates and family members left...i had hope for this country...thats why i am still here...but its fading fast.

the only differrence is that when the changes took place there was a leader nelson mandela who gave us hope for a rainbow nation...he didnt have plans of nationlisation of mine accelerated land reform or maybe he did we just werent told about it...the crime wasnt out of control...the anc was a party was about creating a better life for all not just a minority.

you didnt worry that while you are at work people could be breaking into your house to harm your family...you didnt worry to lock you office door... have beams around your factory and razor wire on the fence to prevent someone from entering your property to hijack you while working a little late then lock you in the boot of your car then driven around the locations for hours then if you are lucky dumped on the side of the road...or you are not so lucky like some one i know got gang raped by the 4 who hijacked him...we have all become part of the food chain.

they werent taking away our firearms...to prevent us from protecting our families

i cant get contracts because of the colour of my skin...my son cant get a job because of the colout or his skin.

skilled engineers are being retrenched and cant find work because of the colour of their skin...yet there is a skills shortage in this country.

do i need to depress you anymore...shall i keep going.

thats why i am looking for some positive things to look forward to....one is not not julius malema as president.

personally i can cut it anywhere even if it means digging a hole everynight to sleep in... like io have done in the past...i can even sleep on the side of the road as i have done in the past...but i now have a rsposibility to my family to create a "safe living enviroment" for my wife and daughter.

this why i need an opitmist to help me understand why i want to stay and live here in this country and bring up my daughter.

make a list of all the good things to look forward to...ireland is also a beutifull country and probaly a lot safer...i cant afford R300000 a month to have security and VIP protection...i can only afford a small portion towards the civil servants protection...the joke of it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    my biggest concern is why is the anc leadership not standing up at this time...when they are needed most and clearly statng the way forward.

as leaders they should have stood up and said....these are the problem the country is experiencing and we as goverment have these measures in place to overcome these issues and are taking this action to overcome and resolve the uncertainty amongst our fellow citizens...instead they are sitting quetly waiting for what?

people in this country see these crimminals as heros...i thought it was despute over wages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast