Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MWEB Uncapped

Thanks

MWEB Uncapped

Mweb has announced it is offering an uncapped service for R219 per month.
    My present ISP is Telkom with their Do Broadband offering for R199 (actually R202.63) per month for their Fast (384k) service, made up as follows according to my invoices: DSL Fast R133.33 and TI-AllAccess R69.30.

Now to use the internet I need ADSL so I HAVE to pay the R133.33 part (and also the telephone line rental)

So if I change ISP's all I drop is the R69.30 part for TI-ALLACCESS.

So HOW can the Mweb price of R219 be CHEAPER? What does it include? NOT the adsl line because that comes as an extra.

So to my mind I will have to pay an additional R150 approx just to get uncapped?

Where am I going wrong??

Thanks
    Instead of paying for a gig (or copule of gigs) of data, your account doesn't have limitations on the data (I haven't seen the contracts, they may be capping it out at something, but usually uncapped data means that they will cap it at something ridiculous).

Thanks
    uncapped accounts normally share the same pipe on a 25:1 ratio, i.e. 25 people are paying for the pipe. This also means you'll get slower downloads (even though it's 384Kb) than on a normal CAP and will be shaped during business hours too.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    "MWEB uncapped business products have been said to be completely unshaped and uncapped, however, port prioritization may apply to consumer accounts during peak hours, the reason of this is to ensure that email and browsing speeds are optimized."
    So its the BUSINESS products only that are uncapped and unshaped. No mention of the normal 384 ADSL line.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by popayetwo View Post
    "MWEB uncapped business products have been said to be completely unshaped and uncapped, however, port prioritization may apply to consumer accounts during peak hours, the reason of this is to ensure that email and browsing speeds are optimized."
    So its the BUSINESS products only that are uncapped and unshaped. No mention of the normal 384 ADSL line.
    however, port prioritization may apply to consumer accounts during peak hours, the reason of this is to ensure that email and browsing speeds are optimized

consumer accounts, ie not business accounts , will be port prioritised during peak periods of usage. the rest of the time they won't be.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I looked at the Mweb uncapped business offering quite closely today as I was seriously considering it. It's touch and go cost wise for what we're using if I go for the business ADSL 512 Kbps option at R699.00, and at that point it seemed worthwhile considering the way our bandwidth usage is climbing...

Until I read Rudi's post about sharing a pipe with some serious users of bandwidth. I've been in that situation before with Sentech and IS, and it's no joke, so a timely reminder of the potential hazards - thanks Rudi.

Reading the fine print didn't give much assurance that Rudi's concerns are unfounded either.

So I think I'm going to leave this one for the people that really eat for the time being. I've done my bit living on the bleeding edge and realise the value of tried and trusted nowadays.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Afrihost has just launched a cheaper consumer package ... not that much cheaper, but it is a little cheaper.
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eitai2001 View Post
    Afrihost has just launched a cheaper consumer package ... not that much cheaper, but it is a little cheaper.
    Yes you can get the details here:
    http://www.afrihost.com/adsl-uncapped.php

Basically it's For Uncapped 386 kbps you'll pay R197 per month

For Uncapped 512 kbps you'll pay R297 per month

For Uncapped 4096 kbps you'll pay R497 per month

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It looks like (finally) it's game on. This from My Broadband's latest newsletter:
    The last few days have been particularly exciting in the broadband space with MWEB announcing that it is launching affordable uncapped ADSL offerings, and Vox Telecom following suit by undercutting MWEB on bundled uncapped ADSL solutions.

Web Africa further offered MyBroadband members very affordable data bundles to say thanks for your continued support over the last few years. This included a 30 GB data bundle for R199 and an 11 GB bundle for R99.

Not to be outdone, MTN slashed their Out-of-Bundle rates for mobile broadband bundles by up to 84%, sending a strong message to Vodacom and Cell C that they are planning to compete on price.

Thanks
    please let vodacom slash their bundle charges, please let vodacom slash their bundle charges, please let vodacom slash their bundle charges...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast