A couple of weeks ago I decided to start a darts equipment specific website. It’s more an experiment than anything else, but would be interested if people in SA were willing to start spending on Internet sales yet. It’s not a full “e-commerce” solution; you still need to login and then transfer/deposit funds before shipping…you can’t just tap in your visa number. And it’s not a bespoke website, just one of the freebee’s, but one that I prefer over some others.

Although this is an “experimental” site, I have all the stock, and when funds clear, I will be posting the stock – and yes, a few thousand bucks was spent on stock.

What I would like from interested parties…guys that are thinking of doing it/ have done it:

Nice, objective criticisms. Please don’t worry about hurting my feelings, the blunter the better. But also please give me a solution, if possible, but not mandatory!

Ideas. There are things I can do, and things I can’t – but all would be appreciated. For instance, my prices are good (with free postage), but not discounted by a huge amount. Would this put you off, or would you just be happy to find decent service at a price slightly cheaper than you local shop – that probably wouldn’t have them in stock anyway?

I will post progress on the project, with updates on site visits and sales, if any! Only if there is interest, of course.

At the moment site is up, has been indexed by google but not showing yet. Has been submited to ananzi and yahoo - will submit to new directories next week, any you sugest? More products to go up next week.

almost forgot website is http://www.dartsdirect.co.za