Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: effen B

Thanks

effen B

Your account is only worth the last four months, and don't expect us to contact you we have six million clients.

One of my businesses is a cc that does business with contractors who buy large amounts occasionally.

Imagine my surprise when I looked on my internet profile and saw that my cc account had GONE!!

OK I know the last time I deposited anything was end November, but December and January are lost months in the contracting industry and everybody knows there is a 'recession' and that the 'political musical chairs' playing out provincially and locally means that contracts that should have been awarded in December before 'shutdown' still haven't been awarded so it was my fault, I was remiss, I never deposited the non existant deposits.

So I tootled down to my local branch of 'effen B' to get them to re-instate it.

Bongani "Your Account is closed"

Me "What was that you said?"

Bongani "It is closed and I can't open it again, you must open a new account"

Me "But what about the people that know my account number, I must tell everybody a new number? get authority to reopen it!!"

Bongani "Sorry but the section that deals with it hasn't the authority to re-open it"

Me "Well then go over their heads to someone higher up!!"

Gets Grant? on the line.

Grant 'Well you see, we have six million accounts and we can't contact everybody before the system closes the account and dumps your FICA details after four months of in-activity, it costs seven thousand rand to re-open an account you know, but I will re-instate it this once, if you let it go stale again, that's it, but you have to pay us the R50.oo that we wrote off and do 'FICA' again"

Hours later 11h30 to 15h40 with a trip home to get my FICA documents, I have my account again, what a rigmarole wasted half a day to reopen an account that existed last month!

If the system can close an account, surely it can suspend it for a few months before they close it and dump the FICA details so it is a simple code to re-instate it and not cost money?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There is a bigger picture at work here. Imagine a small amount of those six million customers have reopened their accounts again and again how much money do you think this bank is making and how many of those people had no alternative then to pay the seven Thousand rand? Now if only ten people did this then you are looking at seventy thousand rand for doing nothing.

If it was me I would have added that damage is being done to my business due to their actions, and that this is a form of sabotage. I would ask for my original agreement when I opened my account and look at their terms and condition section. If it was stated back then there is not much you can do about it other than paying in and amount of R100 per month via one of my other accounts.

However I will also shop around and move my account and give this lot the finger and then go public by writing these troubles in a newspaper article. I do also wonder how many of those six million customers had a look at the fine print??
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    I don't get this...

When the earth was younger (bc), banks would pay you to be their client, and made you feel like something other than a smell smear under a shoe...

They have become streamlined, cut back on staff because we are now doing what they used to, AND we are treated like the smelly smear.

I think it's quite simply too late for us. Because we're basically all nice people, we allow the banks to f**k us thru the ears.

Unfortunately, we don't have the option of using our matresses anymore, and the banks know this. We will always be screwed over by the banks, no matter which one we use.
    I'm one of the T's from TnT Unleashed Web design, photography and writing services
    http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za

4. Thanks given for this post:

desA (18-Mar-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Grant 'Well you see, we have six million accounts and we can't contact everybody before the system closes the account and dumps your FICA details after four months of in-activity
    WTF has the number of accounts they have on their books got to do with it?

Surely they can't simply close an account for inactivity without any form of prior notification. It's the banking equivalent of terminating a contract without putting you on notice to rectify a breach - if one can consider an account being inactive for 4 months a breach

If there were insufficient funds to cover ongoing bank charges they'd have a reasonable defence - but on the grounds of inactivity alone?

6. Thanks given for this post:

desA (19-Mar-10)

Thanks
    Sounds like a skimming tactic.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Forcing people to pay the bank for administration and or lose your account is a good tactic it insures that the bank will always have funds available thus keeping all the fact cats very happy. But I don’t know people are beginning to question motive?

Six million billable transactions, six million customers paying for administration... Honestly where is all that money going??
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    No not skimming, I only paid the outstanding fee R50.oo but the fact is they dropped the account without notice, no communication nuffin, very inconvenient and inconveniencing.
    I should be able to pick up the phone and ask "How much? just do it"

I just wonder how many clients would just give up and walk out? will add up to six million before long.

Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, most people stick with the devil they know... Banks especially have their own cult following and a few angry people is not enough to upset the balance. But again people will get angry eventually and just walk out.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    when they decided to close the account, was the bank balance positive? if so, was it positive after all this crap?

Thanks
    The account was R48.oo overdrawn
    Arianna Huffington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.