Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: effen B

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well in all honesty, it is not uncommon for a bank to just close an account if that account is empty and unused. However I felt a simple inexpensive SMS that stated “Please deposit a minimum amount of X into your account” would have prompted you into action...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Well in all honesty, it is not uncommon for a bank to just close an account if that account is empty and unused. However I felt a simple inexpensive SMS that stated “Please deposit a minimum amount of X into your account” would have prompted you into action...
    That is exactly what provoked the six million account holders comment.

"Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Looks like they are closing branches not just accounts!!!

http://www.businessday.co.za/article...aspx?id=104753
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at

Thanks
    Late as usual with my VAT returns and I find that I haven't recieved the last 3 months Aug through Oct statements from 'effen b'
    They were supposed to have been emailed to me, missed that my bad I keep tabs with internet banking so printing and filing email statements is just a pain.
    Speaking to the 'voice' to get my outstanding emails I was told that they had a major problem with their computers and data and emails (hints that a whole lot of data was dumped and the system was soooooo sloooow) and that was why my last three statements for the financial year were not sent!!!

So I say effem effen b

If this is the reason I was not notified of how much was to be swept for my petro card resulting in a bounced debit that cost me +- R600 what with penalties and extra interest etc. etc. I feel I need to take a trip to my personel manager and vent a little anger (stamp my feet and hold my breath) perhaps he will take me out to a R600 lunch???
    Arianna Huffington

Suspended
    Thanks
    so how great is fnb..
    what happens is you need help and call them for assisitance...what does it cost?
    what if you need to draw money from a different bank?
    is the internet service as simple as standard bank?
    do you have your own bussiness banker...or better still your own bussiness bank manager?
    what if you need to increase your your internet payment limit...do you do it online?
    can you increase your overdraft online?
    if a debit order is returned...fee?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Murdock,

Been with FNB for some years now, however a huge chunk of money floats through my account monthly, so I may be in a different category.

However

Nor sure what you mean - Drwing money from a different bank - is this with your DR/CR card? Fees are high
    Internet is way much easier than Stranded - more friendlier easy to navigate

I have a business banker appointed to me, but never see them, maybe once a year when they are renewing my overdraft

Increasing Internet payment limit can only be done through a call center - number on bottom of page with a reference number which comes up when you are banking. Quote the account number and reference number and jump a few hoops and done.
    What I have done is I have created a separate profile, which has a limited features and has a limited amount of payment. I can change this any time from the main profile. So the main profile I use occasionally which has all features. I use the created profile to do my payments with However if it gets compromised, they can not make payments to any accounts, only the beneficiaries that I have created on the system. If I have to pay someone who is not on the beneficiary list, then I use the main profile, and only do this from my personal computer. You also have the Cellphone app which can do all your banking as well.

Not sure about the overdraft, because it depends on how much, you need to sign paper work for this because of the risk factor on the bank.
    Not sure what the charges are for returned debit orders. Check FNB Pricing Guide

I can not remember when I went to a branch to do any paperwork involving the accounts.
    Last edited by Justloadit; 21-Feb-12 at 08:02 AM.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Hi Murdick,
    Are you being insulting??
    Arianna Huffington

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let's hope it was a typo

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Are you being insulting??
    Definitely a typo, when I tried to correct it, I changed the 'i' for a 'u', but quickly fixed it

Murdock please accept my apology
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.