I have had an ongoing battle with Telkom for some years about the charges that I pay. My monthly account is never less than R2500.00 Per month. I use 35Gigs per month. In addition to me using the internet there are three other people in the house who connect wirelessly to my ADSL. They mainly go onto Facebook. For many months my system was very unstable. I had a go at Reuben September and some of his people from Pretoria paid me a visit. I do not understand all the technicalities but one of the technicians told me that I was on the borderline for effective ADSL as I lived 4kms from the main post office in Middelburg. When you sign up for an ADSL connection you are not told about this. If my ADSL is set at the speed that I am paying for it becomes unstable. I am told that the copper cables from the main post office to my house are not supposed to carry this speed. It has now been set at the slower speed which gives me greater stability.

What really angers me is that I am actually paying for something that I am not getting. This does not seem fair!!
I cannot wait for an independant operator who has no strings attached to Telkom
Butch Hannan