Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JM ATTORNEYS

Suspended
    Thanks

JM ATTORNEYS

(JM ATTORNEYS informed solutions)

i have just received a letter...acknowledgement of you enquiry.

this company contacted me on the 25 january requesting outstanding payment for health and racquet membership.

they first told me they had a signed document from me entering into contract
    i went to the gym with a member for a free visit...i had to sign an indemnity for use of the facilities.

after a couple of months i received threat of judgemet for outstanding fees...i told that i had only used the facility for the 1 day free trial and had never been back...unfortunatley at the time i was young and very inexperienced so i didnt know what to do so i paid up the outstanding amount due because i did not want to get blacklisted in the process...i was then told to send in 3 sample signitures on an afidavid stating that i had never signed a membership contract...so they could verify the signitures they had on the contract was forged...i then received a cheque for the money i had paid in....i took the cheque to the bank and deposited it....the cheque bounced and i wass told they were in process of liquidating....then all went quiet as i was advised that to continue with the matter would prove a waste of time and money because of the liquidation...i left it for about 3 years then received a summons for the balance outstanding...from JM ATTORNEYS....i then contacted them to find out why they had sent me a summons and advised them that it was sorted out with health and rachet...then they said they needed a sworn affidavid from me as well...that i had not signed a contract nor had my father...with 3 siginitures again.

then went quiet again for long period of time...now on the 25 january they contacted me again threatening me with blacklisting and lawyers fees outstanding interest etc etc...they then fax a letter to the company where i have been helping out...

the company owner warned me about thes epeople and showed me information with regards to the rachet they a running...i need help...does anyone have any advise for me what to do now....10 years later?

the information on the fax is so small i cannot even read the telephone number to contact them...please contect me again so that we can sort out this issue.

Thanks
    Give the matter to your attorney & claim full refund, with damages, plus interest. Seems like a bunch of mafia, to me.

Of course, if you operated in cash, you could always tell them to go to hell & to enjoy the journey.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

3. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-Mar-10)

Thanks
    Murdock
    Here is the link to their website. http://www.jm.co.za/Default.aspx Email them and first thing you say is any claim they may of had has prescribed, it is normally 3 years. Then tell them about your visit to the gym. Then ask them who are they going to blacklist you with with the contact details as you will record this as a dispute.

If you have the time I would even write to the law society and ask them for advice on how to deal with this harassment. They are just chancers.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    what to do now....10 years later?
    That's bloody ridiculous.

Getting a lawyer to do this would be first prize, but possibly a waste of money. I'd ask them to set out the basis of their claim. I find it hard to believe any self-respecting lawyer with a shred of dignity would commit such an absurd legal travesty to writing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    they then fax a letter to the company where i have been helping out...
    On second thought you do need a lawyer - to sue their asses. Start with a claim for unlawful damage to your good reputation. Could be worth some decent money.

Thanks
    JM= Julius Malema? Didn't he (the companies he has never been a director of) use similar strong-arm tactics to secure tenders?
    I'm one of the T's from TnT Unleashed Web design, photography and writing services
    http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I also had similar run in a long, long time ago. However I played there game and paid the amount. And yes I was indeed a contract holder but there facilities closed down. So I went to the consumer council. The consumer council did a number on the people in question. Perhaps it is a good place to start.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    the problem is the records...10 years later who keeps RD cheques for companies which have gone into liquidation...what i should have done is deposited the cheque 3 times then taken to the police station and opened a case of fraud...i would love to know on what grounds these people are claiming considering they actually owe me over R1000 so can i not sue for my money as they claim on a website to have collected over R200 000 in this manner and have it in their bank account so they can now pay me out? could work in my favour...as the money is owing to me...just a pity i dont have the RD cheque...maybe if i go to the police and open a case of fraud...harrassment...blacken my name etc etc...get hold of the consumer council wendy knowler the newspaper etc etc we can help other people who are being harrassed with this same issue... they can get the bank to go back in my account to that cheque which was deposited then claim from that...and all the peole could sue for a claim in the R200 000 they say they have managed to recover...just a thought...i wish i had the time...if you do a google search on this company it seems i am not the only person having problem with them.

Thanks
    Most cases go stale after 5 years, no?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    they tried to blacklist me as well. The difference, to this one, is that I was a member with Health & Racquet, but cancelled probably about 2 years before they went under.

Then one day I got a summons for about R3K or something like that, told the lawyer that I cancelled more than 2 years ago and they can happily give my lawyer their address and I'll give them a letter of demand for fraudulent activity. But I didn't leave it at that, opened a case of fraud with the police and also send the MD (can't remember who it was), a nice letter stating that I'm going to take them to court for theft, and get someone to audit their books. Attached was a letter of my cancellation and this I then CC'd to their lawyer, my lawyer, a detective friend, and an auditing friend. Never heard from them again.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast