Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JM ATTORNEYS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep - seems like it
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks

Question

Hi,

I received a call from these so called Attorneys about 2 years ago. They wanted me to proof to them that I settled a Health and racquet account from more than 10 years ago. I told them I don't have bank records going back that far or the letters relating to this.

They said if I cant proof to them that I paid this account 10 years ago I am liable. I was slapped with a R16k account. This results from R2k plus interest for the years. I contacted an attorney that said I must ignore them, but the problem is they don't go away.

I decided to just pay them off and get rid off them. I have been paying every month for two years. Only to find out they have not been allocating my payments. Resulting in more interest. Plus every call and sms you receive - THEY CHARCGE YOU FOR!

They insist that I must give them my banking details then my payments will be allocated. No ways I am giving them my account details. It is rather clear they don't have any admin skills.

I have also requested several times for a detailed statement so that I can see what is going on, on this account but even that they wont send me. I have emails 6 different email addresses today. So maybe one off them wont be on a permanent tea break today and I might have an answer.

I have send several emails with proof of payments and still no allocations.

I received a message today from our HR Executive that they contacted them regarding my "bad payment" and want to put a garnishee on my salary.

Due to the position I am in at my company, I am not allowed to have Garnishee's and can result in loosing my job.

I see that they even made it to Cart Blanch.... Other social forums like Hello Peter is also full of compliments for these so called Attorneys.

So what now? We can all see this is nonsense, but how do we resolve this?

Has anyone had any luck with their accounts?

Thanks,
    C.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I contacted an attorney that said I must ignore them, but the problem is they don't go away.
    I regret you should have taken your attorney's advice - although advising you to formally claim prescription would have been even better.

Given that you have put yourself back on the hook, perhaps there is a way to minimise the damage. Do you know the value of the original capital debt?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It seems this company has had so much bad publicity that they "could have" changed names to JM law, it would be interesting to find out if this is the same company, jmlaw.co.za .

There is no longer a jm.co.za only a jmlaw.co.za

Anyone have a contact number for the call centre to verify if it is linked to jmlaw

You gotta love their responses,

Hello Veroland,

Dear Contributor,

We acknowledge receipt of your query and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention; we will investigate the matter and furnish you with feedback in due course.

Yours sincerely,

JM Attorneys.

Thanks
    Received copies today, via email, of an emolument attachment order against an employee dated 20/11/12. Judgement taken in Kimberley on behalf of Foshini by Attorneys De Beer & De Klerk, supposedly served on a Mr Fourie by Sheriff for Cape town, apparently responsible person employed by my business.
    BUT - the employee concerned has never had an account with Foshini - or any other clothing retailer in her life and I have never employed a Mr Fourie in my business. Anybody ever heard of these guys before? The only director named is a J.C. Mulder. JM again?

Thanks
    Seeing that this has apparently been served on someone at the business, any advice on what to do?

Thanks
    JM - is for Johan Meiring.
    Now the CEO of Blue Financial Services, also the chief executive and one of the founders of Mayibuye, a group of Attorneys operating from Randburg.
    Also CEO of Hlano Investments, Hlano Financial Services a company formed from Khayalethu Home Loans, a subsidiary of SA Housing Trust which apparently was purchased with a view to Asset stripping (sorry winding down) and utilisation of assessed losses, which were huge.

Johannesburg — A turnaround in bond repayments is under way at Khayalethu Home Loans, largely because of an agreement signed with the SA National Civics Organisation (Sanco), said MD Siza Khampepe.
    Khayalethu Home Loans, a subsidiary of the SA Housing Trust which is being wound down and sold off, previously struggled with a five-year long bond boycott for about 15000 houses. In the six months ended December last year the "average collections index" has risen 13%, which indicates that people who previously boycotted payments are now beginning to repay bonds.
    This is part of an article from 1999. The laugh was on this government who had previously created a situation of non payment and rent boycotts and had to offload and duck and dive when the boycotts and general disregard of financial discipline continued. Ironic stuff.

Apparently JM learnt from his dad who was a director at Barclays and then Rand bank. It was told that he 'bought' the bad debt book of Telkom and other parastatal's and started this campaign of legal letters to recover the debt.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123