Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JM ATTORNEYS

Suspended
    Thanks
    i got a letter in my post box this morning...BRIGHT RED...so i opened it to find out what it was all about...JM ATTORNEYS...the jokers.

so i turn this thing around and call their call cetre but no answer i got put into a queing system please hold all our consultants are busy...so i got smart and went onto their website and got their office number and called.

i told the reception i was wanting to find out about collecting outstanding money so she told me to call the call centre...but i told her that i was wanting them to collect outstanding money for my bussiness so she put me throught to a lady who was very polite and i explained my position and told her there was a large amount of money outstanding of course she got very interested...then i told her the money was outstanding since 1998 her tone suddenly changed...she this is the person from JM ATTORNEYS told me that there is a prescibed time period which use to be 7 seven but has since been reduced to 3 years so...I DONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON AND TO GET THE MONEY WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE...when i asked her why then is JM ATTORNEYSstill sending me letters of demand

"strong legal action in the new year

you have bought goods buying on credit and not paying is wrong not paying your debt will end up costing you more in the long run

legal action will be expensive for you"

in bold letter across the page!!!!!!

then in small print right at the bottom of the page states " no legal action has been institued against you at the date ofthe letter 22 march 2010

how do i legally stop these people from harrassing me without spending an arm and a leg on legal fees...surely there must be a consumer council legal aid or board of some sort... to report this type of behaviour.

2. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (01-Apr-10), IanF (01-Apr-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    this debt collecting thing is becoming a joke...my home post box is full of collection agents demanding money from the previous owner...it just shows how technology and moved forward but not enough to keep people properly informed...

the previous owner past way more than 2 years ago...his estate ahs already been wound up

Suspended
    Thanks
    every single response to hello peter complaints are exactly the same...not one happy customer for JM ATTORNEYS...we are investigating the matter...i sent an email to them requesting all the documentation with the signitures on the contracts so that i can take them to the police station to open a case of fraud...i also requested a reply...as to when they will be reinbusing me the money for the cheque they issued to me from health and rachet which bounced...

no reponse to my email which was sent a couple of weeks ago just the red letter i my post box this morning.

http://www.hellopeter.com/JM+Attorne...d-compliments/

Hello Sasol,

Dear Contributor,

Thank you for your comments.

We are investigating the matter.

Yours sincerely,

JM Attorneys

i am concerned that they try blacklist me or something or register me as a slow payer or something to that nature...surely we as the consumer have some sort of rights against these type of bullies...it is a pity they are in jhb otherwise a personal visit to their offices would have been the next step to sort out this issue with a newspaper reporter...maybe even wendy knowler and carte blanche

Email problem
    Thanks
    Any claims the H&R club could have had against you, had expired due to prescription. Summons should have been issued within 3 years from date of non-payment or breach of contract, and judgment should have been granted within 1 year of date of issue of summons.

If they did issue summons against you and if they did obtain judgment, then you do not have a choice, but to apply for a rescission of judgment. Then you have to obtain that information from JM Attorneys.

I would advise you to contact JM Attorneys and ask them to forward to you a copy of the summons, a copy of the Sheriff's return of service, and a copy of the judgment. Do not make an offer to pay the claimed debt. Tell them only that you will consider your liability for the claimed amount after receipt of the abovementioned documentation.

On the merits they have to proof that you signed the contract, which you did not do! I do not think that it is necessary to discuss the merits.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i wish somebody would tell jm attorneys that it has expired.

they just keep sending sms and phoning...but they will not respond to emails nor will they send me all the documenttation as i have requested.

surely i can take legal action against them...and isnt there some sort of code that lawyers have to abide by...and if so how are they still operasting as a bussiness...

my advice to anyone who is having problems with them is to do what i did dont reply to their sams call centre contact their offices direct number Tel: 011 267 7500

Fax: 011 267 7510

Email: info@jm.co.za

http://www.jm.co.za/ or visit their website.

dont waste your time calling the call centre they must have somehow linked the calll centre to a toll fee system wher eyou pay...because you will sit in a queing system for as long as 40- 50 minutes waiting for a consultant to answer the call.

other wise send them an email you will notice they never come back to you and if you dont believe me look on the hello peter site...it is flooded with complaints

http://www.hellopeter.com/JM+Attorne...d-compliments/

surely the lawyers association or legal board should investigate this company

Thanks
    Why on earth you are still bothering with this bunch of scamsters amazes me. If they really had something to get you for legally, they would have done so ages ago.

Ignore them. So what if they raid your credit rating? You can cross that bridge when you get to it.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    heya murdock. have you considered bitching about these dudes to the law Society?
    I'm one of the T's from TnT Unleashed Web design, photography and writing services
    http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi everyone I've been receiving quite a few calls and sms from JM attorneys, I asked them to send me a statement or some proof of this outstanding money as I would like to investigate before making any payment, which they did. A week later I get a call to make arrangements for payment I told them I received the statement but as soon as I am done with my investigation I will contact them, the guy told me if I do not make arrangements they will take legal action against me, I told him to do what he needed to do and I would do what i needed to do. I contacted a legal centre and they told me I must not pay anything as this debt was prescribed after 3 years. The statement is running from 2011, the outstanding amount at the time was R230.00 they claim I now owe them R2200.00. I was advised to never give them any information ID etc... but they already had my information. I was also adviced to make as much noise as possible as JM Attorneys behaviour is unethical in terms of SA law. I've reported the matter to the law society and I am seeing an attorney to sort out this mess. I'm praying that this issue can be resolved, its causing me alot of unnecessary stress. I received a sms yesterday saying that I need to pay R1300.00 'as arranged' there was absolutely no arrangements made with them!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motherly View Post
    I received a sms yesterday saying that I need to pay R1300.00 'as arranged' there was absolutely no arrangements made with them!
    I wonder if responses are monitored. A reply of "I repudiate your claim" would seem appropriate.

Thanks
    Do these attorneys & debt collectors buy old debts from banks & creditors, for a fraction of the original debt - then load on their 'charges' & resort to pressurising the unwitting, into settlement?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast