Hi Guys.

I finally sold my company, and for now I would like to put the proceeds I got into Shares. I was thinking perhaps for the medium term, say 5 years or so.

I am fairly new to shares, I understand the ratios and all the nitty gritty stuff in theory, but never really applied it to practice.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with share trading. Basically I am looking for opinions on what a good basket of shares are.

I am busy looking for shares with a Dividend Yield between 2% and 4%. I know you get higher ones, but usually the higher DY shares are also riskier hence the reason for the high DY. I am possibly looking at bluechip companies.

I don't want to use all my money on one company though, want to split between perhaps 3 or 4 of them.

So guys, any ideas on what are good shares to buy into, that have a fairly decent DY, and something that will appreciate fairly well over the next 5 years.

Is now a good time to buy shares ... I know a year ago was a brilliant time, but looking forward, is it a good time, and remember looking forward means I will only be looking to sell at 5 years, unless necessary before then.

I will also slowly top up the shares as I go along.

Regards

Itai