Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wireman license, just who do need to bribe

Silver Member
    Thanks

wireman license, just who do need to bribe

hello all
    This is just getting boring now. Wiremans license. After 2 years I haven't had any joy getting my license. some may know the story but I am from the uk, fully qualified to the highest grade in the uk. Came here just over a year and a half a go and have beautiful en jumpng through hoops ever since. I have the wiring regs exam, passed papers one and two, have the testing of commercial and industrial 3 phase installations and coc unit standards. SAQA equated my uk qualifications to NQF 4. iwas told by the department of labour that if I had been equated to NQF 4 then I wouldn't need to do a trade test here, this is why I went back to the uk to get more qualifications, its quicker to go back to the uk for for a few months and get more qualifications than it is to get booked onto the trade test here, and cheaper(kind of, trade prep 11000 rand). also out of stuborn principle I didn't want to pay 11000 rand to bend conduit in a little cubicle. Also no offence but nearly every person who I worked with here who had a trade test hasn't known F#%& all about being an electrician. So all I want to know is, just who do you have to bribe to get your license because getting all these bits of paper and doing all these courses got me no where. They sent though another refusal yesturday, I haven't done a trade test(here in sa but have done the uk one and have been working 15 years). I thought that if I had NQF 4 as equated by SAQA along with the wiring regs and the 3 phase unit standards then that would be enough(not to mention work reference from the last 15 years, all the uk qualifications). after spending all this time and money on courses, phone calls, long drives to various offices and wasting hooooours at the ECA trying to do things the right way i now want to know how to get it the sa way, who do I bribe. thanks

2. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (12-Aug-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    for 10 grand dropped into a dustbin outside the department of labour i can get you an engineers diploma just kidding.

send me a pm and i will give you the contact details of a person who should be able to help you.

4. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (12-Aug-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
    hello all
    This is just getting boring now. Wiremans license. After 2 years I haven't had any joy getting my license. some may know the story but I am from the uk, fully qualified to the highest grade in the uk. Came here just over a year and a half a go and have beautiful en jumpng through hoops ever since. I have the wiring regs exam, passed papers one and two, have the testing of commercial and industrial 3 phase installations and coc unit standards. SAQA equated my uk qualifications to NQF 4. iwas told by the department of labour that if I had been equated to NQF 4 then I wouldn't need to do a trade test here, this is why I went back to the uk to get more qualifications, its quicker to go back to the uk for for a few months and get more qualifications than it is to get booked onto the trade test here, and cheaper(kind of, trade prep 11000 rand). also out of stuborn principle I didn't want to pay 11000 rand to bend conduit in a little cubicle. Also no offence but nearly every person who I worked with here who had a trade test hasn't known F#%& all about being an electrician. So all I want to know is, just who do you have to bribe to get your license because getting all these bits of paper and doing all these courses got me no where. They sent though another refusal yesturday, I haven't done a trade test(here in sa but have done the uk one and have been working 15 years). I thought that if I had NQF 4 as equated by SAQA along with the wiring regs and the 3 phase unit standards then that would be enough(not to mention work reference from the last 15 years, all the uk qualifications). after spending all this time and money on courses, phone calls, long drives to various offices and wasting hooooours at the ECA trying to do things the right way i now want to know how to get it the sa way, who do I bribe. thanks
    plz email me @ otto@rubiconautomation.co.za

6. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (12-Aug-10)

Thanks
    This stopped being funny a long time ago. You might want to try this"http://us-cdn.creamermedia.co.za/assets/articles/attachments/20296_reg242.pdf
    This should get you a PDF and at the end of it is an application for registration as a contractor. Complete it and send it in with copies of your qualifications. Having tried all else you might as well try this too. Then they say SA has improved.

8. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (12-Aug-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering if Otto is the guy you're supposed to bribe

10. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (12-Aug-10)

Thanks
    Nope, here is the place to go...
    If it is not broken, fix/test it until it is.
    This is my opinion and I stick to it.

12. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (12-Aug-10)

Thanks
    an investigation had been conducted on 20 electrical contractors working for the city. It found that 19 had fraudulent papers.
    That's not a good ratio

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's a story from October 2005. I wonder what happened from there?

Thanks
    hi guys.. ive just done the new obligation course theory and prac unit standards at the ECA..ggreat course!! but i am battling to obtain a place to purchase the standards required for (1) a registered person (wiiremans lisence) and (2) an MIE, i have my "bible" sans 10142... but i need the OSH act and 10198 part 1 and 2 and various others..earthing of structures.. my mate got loads of hand me downs..which i frown upon as im sure things have been amanded a few times.. anyone with any info.. dnt hesitate to mail me.. jjstoltz@mtn.blackberry.com .. id apprecitate the help!!

Email problem
    Thanks
    I am struggeling with the same thing. I have spoken to a inspector (electrical) in the council (Cape Town) and he said it has been done before. So I will do all my best to see that I can use my UK qualifications here. I will let you know if I come right and please do the same if you get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
    hello all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast