Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad debt and your business

Thanks
    We see this trend as well, but in our case we have a lot of control over the client's IP. since we're generally a hosting company, when someone doesn't pay and doesn't tell us why (we send out payment reminders, then SMS, and phone-calls), then we simply cut-off their websites

Some see it as cruel, but it's effective. If you want to stay in business and have your website up and running, then the least you can do is to pay your hosting bill as well. It's only fair to pay your debtors when you expect your client's to pay you

But, with physical labor (i.e. web development, or network installations) this is somewhat of a different ball-game. Even with a 50% upfront deposit we still get clients who don't pay the final bill and simply disappear afterwards
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    I am caught up in a terrible situation in terms of bad debt seriously effecting one of my businesses.

Since June last year I have had an average of R74,000 per month of non-payments and it shows an increase monthly. The main excuse I have received was that the clients themselves were battling with bad payers.

Now I am trying to figure out if anyone else is picking up the same trend.

I control myself and have never been in such situation! Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123