As I was reading the article quoted below, I found myself wondering what the predicted changes were for my home city.

Global warming will leave Sydney in permanent drought by 2070, with huge seas battering its famous beaches and raging bushfires threatening its outskirts, a report released on Wednesday says.

The report from the national government's scientific agency predicts a grim future for Australia's largest and best-known city, concluding that climate change is inevitable and the city should start immediate planning.

The CSIRO predicts the average Sydney temperature will rise 4,8 degrees Celsius, well above the average three degrees Celsius predicted globally by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Rainfall is forecast to fall by 40% and the number of heat-related deaths in the city of four million is expected to soar almost 800% from the current 176 to 1 312 by 2050.

The report said a 20cm rise in sea levels would result in storm surges of 22m on Sydney's beaches, leaving them eroded and inundating sea-side homes.

The heat is expected to whip up 24% more wind storms and fuel almost double the number of severe bushfires in the state of New South Wales.
full story from M&G here
I seem to recall seeing a general forecast for South Africa that showed the North East getting wetter and the South West drier. But I wonder if there has been any region specific research to the extent shown in the Sydney report.