It is known that most people do not want conversation when they are looking at products. However what if the person “customer” wants to know more about the product at hand.

It is at this point where LARGE organisations fail. It has been my experience that product knowledge is limited to what is stated on the box? Now ask yourself this question. You want to sell product X and Y but do your staff know what product X and Y is? Do they know why your product is better?

I honestly do feel that shopkeepers and businesses alike must take the time to teach staff the art of conversation. The right approach and indebt knowledge impresses and more importantly it keeps the frustration levels low. Thus allowing for sales.

So a few things to remember when it comes to Conversation:

Never be aggressive.
Never give attitude
Keep your cool
Do research on the product
Identify key interest
Keep answers short and accurate

If you are the owner, manager, supervisor keep the following in mind:

Give your staff the right information “internet helps with this”
Give your staff the opportunity to study manuals

Allow your staff to know more about the product via internet and why your product is better it is also a confidence booster.

Ask your staff tricky questions and identify their problem arias for improvement.
Always add to the staff’s knowledge base where possible “it will give them the edge”

Generate interest towards your products. If your staff is interested you can be sure the customer will be.

Did you write about this subject before?: YES I did write a post about the subject before. However, I phoned a local shop and asked a few questions about a product “alarm system” and the person was really NOT helping.