Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MTN worst help desk in the world.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

MTN worst help desk in the world.

For the last few days I have experienced a new MTN low. My number was blocked due to a technical error and no error on my behalf. This was most unexpected because this is a contract phone and I am up to date with my payments. "I never skipped a payment and was never late on a payment"

From this point onwards I have tried to get hold of someone that can help me get my phone operational again. But MTN simply doesn't give a f*ck about their customers. I have been given the run around and when I phone the help desk 173 from my pay as you go phone and then asked to be referred to the contract system where I then enter my contract phone number and hoped to be help.

My last call was placed on hold for 30minutes "documented" and they never bothered to e-mail back from there help desk. Is this the service we pay for?

I will report it to the consumer council on Monday and make my complaint official then I will terminate my contract and convert my phone back to pay as you go. Then I will change networks.

MTN SUCKS!
    Last edited by Dave A; 06-Jan-11 at 04:29 PM. Reason: fixed collation issues
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    welcome to south africa...where you are guaranteed the worse srvice the bigger the company...they are all the same banks...cellphone operators...etc etc...the problem id they dont need you...you need them...if they loose 100 000 customers...100 000 more will sign up....move to virgin they are even worse or vodocom it will just get worse i feel your pain...and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it...maybe get soem people together and send a bulk email

Thanks
    Convert to pay-as-you-go.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

4. Thanks given for this post:

tonyflanigan (28-Feb-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Convert to pay-as-you-go.
    So you can get screwed by TMobile without even knowing about it?

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (28-Feb-10)

Thanks
    ^ But, that is illegal.

You would be able to get a list of transactions to/from even a pay-as-you-go number upon request - they have to be kept, by law - certainly in most countries. If there were bogus charges on this, then the carrier would need to take action. If not, it could make a nice news article.

The other thing that can be done is to set the mobile to not accept info messages - most phones can do this.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Right this is how MTN work.

They cut off your Contract phone for no good reason. "There given reason: system error["
    Then you have to contact them using 173 and ask to be transferred to the contract department €œThey don€™t do that anymore€

So you must now phone them from a costly landline number: 083 1 808. Now from this point you might get to the help desk by pressing 0 a lot. Then you are asked for your bank details, ID number, Home address and Postal address and whatever else they want as a security check. This takes about 10 minutes to do and remember you are on a land line.

From this point you explain to the operator with a "doggy" headset that your phone has been cancelled. Then they ask you to hold for about 20 minutes "20 minutes of pure silence" then you are informed that that the department dealing with this error will get back to you on an alternative number.

This never happens.

So you keep on contacting them trough a land line that is costing YOU MONEY to get help. In total I have spend a LOT of time getting help that simply does not exist.

So now I have to consider A >> A new SIM B >> New Contract with someone else. It doesn€™t matter how you cut it, this is going to be costly because you must contact:

A>> Your Bank
    B>> Your Boss
    C>> Your Family
    D>> People that you do business with
    E>> Your Policy holders
    F>> your friends

Now if you look at that list you just know it is going to cost you TIME and MONEY. That is the biggest problem right now. So by taking all this into consideration one may state that MTN is not a sound solution if you are looking for a mobile service, simply because they do NOT provide proper customer support. There is NO FREE LAND LINE numbers to phone if you have trouble with your phone.

This sucks!!!!
    Last edited by Dave A; 06-Jan-11 at 04:31 PM. Reason: fixed collation issues
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And it works!!!! THE MTN SIM is alive after only 5 days and about 21 phone calls and 15 e-mails and 3 visits to the MTN SHOP!

>>What was the problem you may ask?!?!?!

They are still unable to tell me! << Official answer
    peace is a state of mind

10. Thanks given for this post:

desA (01-Mar-10)

Thanks
    A very tenacious fellow, you are.

Thanks
    Maybe go to a cell shop and check it's not a RICA issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes phoning doesn't help, but squatting does quite well.

I did this at a bank the other day (will post the story when I have the time). I didn't like what the teller was telling me so I asked for it in writing. Apparently that would take a while (the attempt to shoo me off), so I pulled up a chair, got really comfortable in front of the teller, and told her no problem - I'll wait.

That might not work as well at a cellphone shop as they tend to have you seated in front of a consultant when they're helping you. However, if you walked in with a pillow they might get the hint...

You're not leaving until you get what you want!

If you want to play rough, it might be an idea to forget to wear deodorant that day too and work up a nice sweat first...

14. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (01-Mar-10)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast