Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTN worst help desk in the world.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes phoning doesn't help, but squatting does quite well.
    You just made my day
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Sometimes phoning doesn't help, but squatting does quite well.

This you Dave?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Suspended
    Thanks
    jokes aside...if you go to the mtn in the pavilion you will end up in that postion the ques are long and boy do you wait...you need tham they dont need you and until this changes there is nothing you can do about it.

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (02-Mar-10)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Personally, I believe this is a deliberate planned procedure, as most often, the public are just overwhelmed with their inability to get through their systems to reach some satisfaction with their complaint.

We know the cost of "fighting and argueing" the issue is just too frustrating, and just not worth it! Regardless of whether the dispute is completly the fault of the cell phone company!

Until, and only when there is genuine open "Free competition" will anything change, the fact that they don't even take into account the number of years they have had your account, nor how much your account has earned M.T.N. Their attitude sadly is an indication of the dis-respect with which they treat their clients.
    There is no evidence of a will to assist you to sort out the problem.

Perhaps it is because the employees of the cell phone companies themselves are overwhelmed with the daily task of dealing with so many complaints!

Yes, I am overly emotional in this matter, and believe me it is based on many "events" from the past!, and the almost sure knowledge of the many times to look forward to in the future.

I have a pay as you go, but our directors cannot due to international calls.

Sorry about the rant!

Yvonne

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well when it comes to respect the client never gets any kind of respect from the telecommunications provider. There so called reward system is just a load of BS just listen to the terms and conditions.

Still owning the monopoly is what it is all about. Millions are made every day and these providers are addicted to money like most are to air. So there will not be change... I fear that MTN will be here to stay along with Vodacom. The other two providers is just a smoke screen they have no real infrastructure and there service is not much better.

It is at this point that one must conclude that the telecommunications industry will remain as it is. And that on its own is a scary thought. We will never break free from the supper high cost when it comes to SMS, MMS, Voice and Video & Voice calls. Not to mention the internet cost...

The only way one can change their minds is trough mass action from the public demanding that their communication licences be revoked and given to other parties and see if there is some improvement. But again this will also never happen.

I fear the only true way is to hope that technology will soon allow us to bypass the telecommunication industry.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    well, considering Government has hands in all the telecommunications pies, is it any wonder why no officials are really getting them to change their ways? We won't get anyone else coming in because they will be told to:
    give away 51% to a black partner.
    government will want practically the rest of the pie.

someone coming from a "free" country such as America won't exactly see that as useful to them. honestly, what is the point of trying if half the company just goes down the drain?

8. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (04-Mar-10), tec0 (04-Mar-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well in the end of the day there services will be just as good as the thousands of dead “unusable” phones that we have. But soon this may all end up being for nothing. See there are a lot of new space programs in the world trying to get big pieces of technology up into the sky.

As their successes becomes the norm we may not need mobile providers anymore we will link up via satellite and watch our telecommunications industry fade and become part of history. Then there are no more hands to be forced and pies to be handed out for free. Then customers have options and that is the last thing our telecommunications industry would want << no more free money.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes MTN is back and there helpdesk is more useless than ever before. To connect to the internet via MTN is like having an enema filed with superglue. In general I have experienced signal loss, and there 3G will frustrate a snail.

There service is so bad lately that I have given up on their free e-mail facility along with just being able to call someone anyone regardless of time. When you phone someone all you get is silence... For the biggest network as advertised they are still supper expensive with Data and you are lucky if you can download an antivirus update because there network drops you every chance it gets.

At this point in time I am thinking how difficult would it be to train a pigeon

What are your findings with MTN?
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Another of my pet hates, MTN and Vodacom also like the banks got a licence to steal - just grin and bear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Suspended
    Thanks
    i agree unless yopu have a way of making them show loses in the next quarter you wont make any changes to their attitude while they sit on an island probably owned by the top boys of any of the banks or cellphone comapnies....

you want to get rich... dont waste your time with amway or a service industry...or even as a wholesaler and that type of bussiness you will be doing until you retire waiting for your effort to produce rewards.

you need to start something that sells while you are awake or sleeping....like water...electricty....chlorine gas......petrol...internet banking...internet downloads...where people are online all day and night.

even the insurance comapnies television broadcasters have got wise...to run an ad on tv you need to pay sabc millions....if you run a program and sell it to them they make millions...thats why when i woke up this morning...i was looking forward to watching th nutsman....there is no longer the nutsman instead its all the insurance companies trying to tell you why you need to buy their products...and the medical insurance etc...the same junk over and over and the scary thing is i wonder how mnay people get suckered into them...and the part that blows my mind i have to pay a tv license to watch the junk...

come on people have we become such suckers
    Last edited by murdock; 08-Jan-11 at 09:25 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast